George W. Bush latest assessment: "We're kicking ass" in Iraq.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Sep 7, 2007.

1. .
    Req: I was just screwing around with your statement since I had time on my hands.
    Moonbats here on ET, especially the ones exhibiting a blind, almost irrational hatred of the US, have become nothing more than a form of amusement for me.
    Have a great weekend.

SouthAmerica: I have been against the Iraq War long before George W. Bush got his war. I wrote many articles before Colin Powell went to the UN to make a fool of himself and the United States in front the entire world.

On my article the day after Colin Powell's presentation to the UN I wrote that even a 15 year-old high school kid today here in the US could have prepared a better presentation.

And that high school quality presentation was supposed to convince the rest of the world that Iraq had WMD.

That was US government deceit or incompetence?

I still believe it was deceit, because I don't think the CIA could be that incompetent mainly when you take in consideration the high caliber of people that work for that agency.

I had a lot of respect for Colin Powell and thought he was the only member of Bush's cabinet who had common sense.

Today I am sorry for Colin Powell for the mistake he made in getting himself involved with the Bush crowd.

#21     Sep 14, 2007
  2. All true.

My theory was the Bush and co. put together the intellegence report and bet that nobody in congress would read it.

Guess what? He was right, only 8 read the report. So anybody who didn't read it are just as responsible as Bush for this mess.

I remember watching colin powell and cringing and feeling pretty badly for him in front of the UN as well.

#22     Sep 15, 2007