George W. Bush: But I’d have endorsed Obama if they’d asked me.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Nov 10, 2010.

1. "In 2008, Bush Said He ‘Probably Won’t Even Vote For’ McCain"

With stories about President Bush’s new memoir dominating the headlines this week, Financial Times Westminster correspondent Alex Barker reports on his “favourite Bush anecdote,” which he writes, “for various reasons we couldn’t publish at the time.

The venue was the Oval Office. A group of British dignitaries, including Gordon Brown, were paying a visit. It was at the height of the 2008 presidential election campaign, not long after Bush publicly endorsed John McCain as his successor.

Naturally the election came up in conversation. Trying to be even-handed and polite, the Brits said something diplomatic about McCain’s campaign, expecting Bush to express some warm words of support for the Republican candidate.

Not a chance. “I probably won’t even vote for the guy,” Bush told the group, according to two people present.“I had to endorse him. But I’d have endorsed Obama if they’d asked me.”

Barker said that British officials looked “dumbfounded” and that Brown’s “poker face gave way to a flash of astonishment.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/11/09/bush-wont-vote-mccain/

2. This story is a complete LIE.

Again, SA attempts to terrorize the ET community.

IF anyone (besides SA) believes that George would endorse Osama, then they need medical help.

3. Lying is yet another symptom of the mental disorder called liberalism.

4. Question SA. What are your thoughts? You must have an opinion hence the post.

Bush's reply is refreshing, rather than blather some political nonsense about suppporting the party line to the Brits.

5. Brazil clown submits to literacy test for Congress seat

SAO PAULO (AFP) – A television clown elected to Brazil's congress submitted to a literacy test Thursday to try to disprove critics who claimed he could neither read nor write and therefore should be disqualified from office.
    Francisco Oliveira, a 45-year-old comic better known by his stage name Tiririca, was ordered by a judge to undergo the test in Sao Paulo under a provision in Brazil's constitution that requires lawmakers to be literate.
    Walter de Almeida Guilherme, head of Sao Paulo's Regional Electoral Tribunal, confirmed to reporters that Oliveira was given one dictation and two reading exams.
    He added that a judge would now determine whether Oliveira's performance in the test established he was literate.
    Oliveira was elected as a Sao Paulo federal representative in October 3 legislative polls with 1.3 million ballots -- the most of any of the candidates.
    He ran on a humoristic television campaign dressed as a clown with a blond wig and colorful costume, and spouting riffs like "What does a federal deputy do? I have no idea -- but vote for me and I'll let you know."
    Detractors, including several more conventional lawmakers, said Oliveira was bringing Brazil's congress -- known for its many corruption scandals -- into disrepute, and challenged his candidacy on literacy grounds.
    President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, a former shoeshine boy and metalworker, has called the demand for the test an "idiocy" disrespecting those who voted for Oliveira.
    He added: "Tiririca is the face of society."

6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yeah, Bush did say that.

Look, Bush isn't doing the Republicans any favors with this book and tour. He thinks the Republicans turned on him towards the end of his second term and he is right.

The republicans were sickened and disgusted by the trillion dollar bailouts and that Bush allowed Greenspan to overheat the housing market.

So he feels free to speak his mind.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe we should do that here in the US. We certainly have plenty of clowns in congress.

8. If Bush really said that, then i must really re-evaluate my disgust of Obama

9. This should be no surprise.Obama's presidency is 90 % Bush and Romney policies.

10. Hello

Hello

Which is exactly why the public is rejecting Obama, we dont need another big spending dipshit in the whitehouse.

#10     Nov 12, 2010