George W. Bush: A Psychogram

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TigerO, Oct 17, 2003.

1. A less civilized person than I would certainly use this reply to let you know that your post was plain garbage. But although I didn't study at Yale, here's my stance anyway:

Yes, I have alcoholics in my family, and some of them already passed away. That's the reason I mentioned it. An alcoholics head never again works as it did before the addiction, and I'm not just talking about the biochemical changes.

Regarding the next democratic President: I don't know who the main candidate will be, but that's the democratic party's advantage as well: they just need to coose the right future fool to replace a present idiot.

Oh, and I'm not sure whether it'll take 10K soldiers regarding CNN BREAKING NEWS and similar amplifiers. Maybe 87 Bln.$ will have the same mid-term impact once the $ starts to crash by 40% as Templeton expects? And I wonder what the chinese will do then as the main buyer of T-Bonds...

"...and to protect it..." I think what you mean is to isolate it, not to protect it. Especially it's vulnerable minds and brains.

#11     Oct 17, 2003

2. risk,

can you link me to the templeton statement ?

thanks !

surfer:)

#12     Oct 17, 2003
  3. #13     Oct 17, 2003
  4. #14     Oct 17, 2003
  5. Dry for 15 to 20 years is not the same thing as being in recovery for 15 to 20 years.

Bush is a dry drunk, practicing white knuckle sobriety.

Dry Drunk

GW Bush is highly regarded for "kicking" the twin demons of cocaine and alcohol addiction. If he is still off both wagons --- and there is no proof that isn't --- such a triumph, encouraged and aided by his wife, is commendable.

When probing the mysteries of GW's brain chemistry, a key point to ponder is that damage done to brain cells from drug abuse is permanent and irreversible.

Quaker and university professor Katherine van Wormer co-authored the definitive, 2002, Addiction Treatment. This expert writes that "George W. Bush manifests all the classic patterns of what alcoholics in recovery call 'the dry drunk'. His behavior is consistent with being brought on by years of heavy drinking and possible cocaine use. "[Counterpunch October 11, 2002]

["Dry drunk," explains the professor, "is a slang term used by members and supporters of Alcoholics Anonymous and substance abuse counselors to describe the recovering alcoholic who is no longer drinking --- one who is dry, but whose thinking is clouded."

Such an individual is 'dry' but not truly sober. Such individuals tend to go to overboard. A good example of Bush' "polarized thinking" is his call for "crusades" based on "infinite justice" for "evil-doers" comprising an "axis of evil".

Bush's "obsessive repetition" also remind this professor, "oy many of the recovering alcoholics/addicts I had treated." Van Wormer worriers, "His power, in fact, is such that if he collapses into paranoia, a large part of the world will collapse with him."

Paranoia? Impatience? Rigid judgmental outlook? Grandiose behavior? Childish behavior? Irresponsible behavior? Irrational rationalization? Projection? Overreaction? -- these are all "dry drunk" traits.

Van Wormer observers that Bush's pompous pledge: "We must be prepared to stop rogue states and their terrorist clients before they are able to threaten or use weapons of mass destruction" is a projection from the world's leading rogue state preparing to attack with nuclear weapons.

"Bush's tendency to dichotomize reality" should be emphasized. Prof. van Wormer describes this is as either/or reasoning -- "either you are with us or against us". A White House spokesperson puts it this way:

"The President considers this nation to be at war, and, as such, considers any opposition to his policies to be no less than an act of treason.'' [Capitol Hill Blue, January 22, 2003]

Link to website on "Psychopathology of the President"

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2002/Bush-Psychopathology-President2oct02.htm

#15     Oct 17, 2003
  6. #16     Oct 17, 2003
  7. "Is he nuts?"

"Read on. If you dare

PATTERN RECOGNITION
    "Is The 'President' Nuts?" asks Wolman, M.D. "Many people, inside and especially outside this country, believe that the American president is nuts, and is taking the world on a suicidal path." [Counterpunch Oct. 2, 2002]

A board-certified psychiatrist in practice for 30 years, Dr. Wolman feels compelled to understand the "psychopathology" of man "under tremendous pressure from both his family/junta, and from the world at large." Dr. Wolman wonders if GW is suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder, as described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual Fourth Edition:

"There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others: 1) failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest; 2) deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure; 5) reckless disregard for safety of self or others; 7) lack of remorse by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated or stolen from others."

DRY DRUNK
    GW Bush is highly regarded for "kicking" the twin demons of..."

more: http://www.willthomas.net/isbushnuts.htm

#17     Oct 17, 2003
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

My god, will you people give up already. This Bush bashing is getting so old. Nothing will make you happy. If it's not this then it's that. It's his values, it's his religion, it's his accent, it's about the state where he's from, it's about the national guard, it's his father, it's his education, it's his.................This can go on forever. Are you liberals that miserable? I don't get it. OK, you hate the guy. We got it. Can you just try for a second to focus your energy on something positive. Do you have a wife or kids to worry about. Maybe a dog or cat or something? Or better yet, just leave the country and go where it's nicer then. Move to Canada. Just stop your complaining. Admit it, Bush could cure cancer and Aids and you would somehow find a way to tie that in with Haliburton and Texas oil somehow. I really pity the left.

#18     Oct 17, 2003
  9. Too damn funny. I love it when psychologists write stuff, the world of their analytical fiction really is entertaining.
    He has a deep hatred for his parents?! LOL! Then why does he ask his dad for advice on matters or why did he select Chaney and the other guys who worked for his dad? If he really hated his dad, he would've picked people not associated with his father.
    Bush is an arrogant guy who lived a priviledged life. Case in point, when he appeared on the Letterman show, during a commercial break, one of the show's female stagehands(i think thats what she was) came over to Dave's desk to consult with him, meanwhile Bush took out his glasses and used the female's scarf to clean his glasses while she was conversing to Dave. Letterman saw this and was totally shocked as he described the ordeal days later.

Mel Brooks said it best in the movie High Anxiety describing psychiatry as being considered in the past as witchcraft but over time, it turned out that psychiatry, provided a good living.

#19     Oct 17, 2003