George Soros Track Record

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lasner, Nov 12, 2009.

1. What a ridiculous argument. Go ask investors who have been with Soros for 22 years. Ask them if they feel ripped off. I am sure they're crying they paid all those fees and instead didn't invest in a Vanguard mutual fund 22 years ago?

I'll tell you who the sucker is: It's neither Soros nor his clients. It's you.

#51     Nov 17, 2009
  2. Let me get this straight approximately 6/13ths of the return and all the risk sounds bright to you?

Well OK if you insist.

#52     Nov 17, 2009
  3. So you think what they paid in comissions is more than double what they got ?

I took liberty to do some math...

An hedge fund going for 25% annual returns GROSS, that charges 20% annual fee translates to a net annual return of 20%.

Here's what an investor would pay Soros along the 22 years...

definitely not the 6/13th's you said or so...

#53     Nov 17, 2009
  4. I feel embarrassed for you salvador.

Might want to rethink that whole post.

PS. My girlfriend insists I quit picking on makloda. :(

#54     Nov 17, 2009
  5. lasner

lasner

George Soros was the best hedge fund manager. Of course he's handicapped. Do you know how hard it is to trade on 10 billion dollars and get 30% percent return on average for 30 years. On a fund that size your not nimble you can't just pop in and out of positions.

Most hedge fund managers suck. They are greedy and a majority get blown out. Soros was never that way. That's why he was so good. Was completely risk averse until his fund would start to make a profit....then he would start to gamble a percentage of those profits. I don't even think he had a down year. I think he might have taken a blow in 2001....not sure though.

#55     Nov 17, 2009
  6. lasner

lasner

I don't understand what is your point?

#56     Nov 17, 2009
  7. Index Piker = A full blown piker, just as his name describes,
    If you are too fucking dumb to realise the difference between throwing down 1k on margin to trade a 1 lot on the ES, and moving around a few billion like soros did you do not belong in the business, Index Piker = Full blown piker, i heard he had his name legally changed to this......

#57     Nov 17, 2009
  8. Thats because he has no point you are trying to deal with a full blown retard.....

#58     Nov 17, 2009
  9. Perhaps you should actually follow the exchange makloda and I had.

#59     Nov 17, 2009
  10. hmm first post concerning myself and already name calling.:D
    That's okay baby,something tells me you don't have the balls to step up and take my challenge.

#60     Nov 17, 2009