George Soros - he can has cheeseburger

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Covertibility, Nov 10, 2010.

1. He has many grand plans for the world. So long as it's other peoples money. Just like most rich people!

#51     Nov 11, 2010
  2. Oh? Please explain hows he sees it.

#52     Nov 11, 2010
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Gabby, you are not listening to me. To quote a famous old line "what we have here is a failure to communicate".

Look, I have no issues with what Soros believes in. I have no issues with Soros being a billionaire. I have no issues with Soros funding extreme organizations. I have no problem with Soros speaking out about his beliefs in the US media. I don't even have a problem with Soros evading taxes legally or otherwise. Are you still with me here? Good. What I have a problem with as while as a billionaire he has all the resources to dodge taxes (legally perhaps), he is advocating and directing US policy towards raising ours!!!!!!!!!!

Do you understand? It's the fact that he wants us to pay more taxes to fund his programs and his politics using OUR money. I don't care what he does with his money. I don't care what his views are. I do have a problem with this guy affecting our tax policy. Being a billionaire, his voice is louder then mine. And being a billionaire he has far more resources to get out of the very taxes that we are stuck with paying.

We'll just leave the issue of hypocrisy alone for now as most liberals are so knee deep in it that they can't seem to grasp it. Do you now get what my gripe is? It's not about being clever or resourceful or trying to do what's best for his investors. Just tell this guy to leave our country the f*ck alone. Unless he wants to write the first check to our government to solve these problems which I assure you he does not.

#53     Nov 11, 2010
  4. You're a drone.

#54     Nov 11, 2010
  5. Okay, I think I get your point. However, can we also agree that neither you nor I know how much or how little US income tax Soros has paid?

#55     Nov 11, 2010
  6. I thought you read his books? He goes into great detail in "Open Society" & his lectures on how to tear down a society to rebuild it to his own personal liking. In his interviews he references the breaking of the Bank of England as a socio-economic experiment and had no guilt about the devastation he brought down on many middle income and poorer people in England. Seems like a nice guy to me huh?

Before you start spouting off about being such a Soros expert you had better read his own words.

#56     Nov 11, 2010
  7. You contextual comprehension is truly fascinating. I didn't know you had a creative side.

#57     Nov 11, 2010
  8. Soros is absolutely not a keynesian. You clearly haven't read any of his books. He rips keynes apart.... Might I suggest "the alchemy of finance"

#58     Nov 11, 2010
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually it's been printed several places. I'll try to dig it up. He has stated several times he pays little taxes in the US because his income is not in his name. He didn't quite say it that way, but I think it's in a trust. I am more then thrilled though that you seem to finally understand what I am saying. Progress!

#59     Nov 11, 2010
  10. On the contrary, Soros talks far more about his faults and short comings than how "great" he is. Further, he is far from a nazi. He's far closer to a soviet than a nazi. I wonder how much of his writing you've actually read... He pushes for some classical liberal causes, but also some very marxist ones. Nazi is about the furthest you could get from describing Soros...

#60     Nov 11, 2010