George Fontanills

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by LouieR, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camp

camp

If you take the Optionetics course, you would learn how to manage your money and increase your ROI...it's your loss not to consider looking at George's organization. He's making money now in the Bear Market and so are alot of other students who follow him...don't knock it til you've tried it!!!!

#31     Nov 6, 2002
  2. dottom

dottom

Do you care to comment on the Market Insider Series day trading software sold by Fontanils for $5000? The marketing material has fantastic profit claims.... yet shortly after the heavy marketing campaign the software quietly disappeared when real-time results were terrible.... and Fontanills refusing to honor 100% money-back guarantee?

Or maybe ask Fontanills why this great options day trading software in the manual had a trade summary that printed out trade-by-trade summary that were all winners, no losers. Only to find out when you actually use the software that the software was only capable of printing out the positive half of a DN trade and could not print out (on monitor or to printer) the losing half??

I'm not kidding folks- you load the software up, enter your trades and it shows you your profit graph only showing you the positive half and does not include the negative half in the profit calculation. And these very same positive results are used as trade-by-trade examples of how profitable the software is!!!

No joke!!! $5,000 software sold 7-8 years ago!!!

The software quietly disappeared along with the 100% money-back guarantee.

#32     Nov 6, 2002
  3. StrayCat

StrayCat

Ever notice how many addresses Fontanils has all across the country, on both coasts and down in Miami? He's like Saddam and his Palaces. He knows that someone might have him in his sights. He has screwed so many people.

I wouldn't be surprised if he brings a body double to his seminars now.

#33     Nov 6, 2002
  4. StrayCat

StrayCat

I went to the Market Insiders Seminar in NY. Paid about 2 grand. George pitched his Market Insider Series Software there and invited Bill and Ralph Cruz who pitch TradeStation (during the seminar time mind you). How would you like to have your seminar time spent like this. I knew alot of poor saps that got screwed buying the software. No refunds were given. George said that the poor results were due to the variances in data feeds and was beyond their control. Go ahead and laugh but it's true.

Fontanils then had a falling out with George Angel (his partner) and George dropped out of site for awhile. He later resurrected himself from the grave as a Wealth without Worry guru. He has a great talent for slinging the bullshit though, I'll give him that.

#34     Nov 6, 2002
  5. camp

camp

As I'm not a daytrader, I have not studied George's day trading software. As a seller of statistical software, I do know that you should always research the software directly from the manufacturer prior to purchasing. I've done this with the software I currently use...Advanced GET and TC2000...sometimes data feeds are not 100% accurate but as an experienced trader, you should know that. TC2000 data is about as clean as I could get on the market today.

Also, just a piece of advice from one who knows the industry...always buy software directly from the manufacturer, if possible, then you don't have to worry about guarantee problems as you've experienced.

#35     Nov 6, 2002
    #36     Nov 6, 2002
  7. StrayCat

StrayCat

George Angel wrote West of WallStreet with Barry Haigh, Triple your money with Stock Index Futures, Sure Thing Options Trading and a number of other books.

I do not know of the book you mentioned. I liked George Angel. Last I talked to him he was down in Key West but that was years ago. George Angel was a decent person. He felt his reputation was being damaged being linked up with Fontanils, that's why they split. He told me this in a telephone conversation.

Linda Raschke credits learning her 3 day swing methods from Georges book on futures. He called it the LSS method. Long Day, Sell Day and Short Sell. George Angel credited the method to Douglas Taylor who wrote a book about the method many years ago.

#37     Nov 6, 2002
  8. dottom

dottom

Doubter,

You make some flawed arguments.

Comparing the body of knowledge and application necessary for a college education vs. a seminar is inappropriate, not to mention the social, psychological, and job market benefits of a college degree.

You've proved the inverse of your point. If 50-80x ROI is worth going to the seminar, surely a 2500-4000x ROI would be worth a trip to the book store? How about an analogy- if you want to be a truck driver and earn $60k/year, you need to learn to drive a truck. Would you go to a truck driving school that costs $10k for a few days training? Afterall, the ROI is 6x! Of course you wouldn't. You look at opportunity cost and take the truck driving school that costs $2k.

It is more likely that you fell for a slick marketing ad and after realizing that such basic information can be learned and with more thorough treatment from a book, you are using an ROI analysis to justify taking the seminar. This is dangerous behavior in trading... such as justifying that a losing position is still a good position based on some flawed value analysis.

I have to question how comprehensive the trading course is if someone finds the need to re-attend the seminar for 9 years for continuing education.

#38     Nov 6, 2002
  9. Dottom, I am sorry I offended you. The point about the college was meant that the discipline to actually go ahead and get the learning wasn't there without the incentive of the organized education. Maybe that is part of the secret that if you pay for something you are more likely to go ahead and really make something of it. I don't know. The first seminar I went to I got an idea for a trade I was already in that I corrected and more than paid for the seminar. I have read most of the books you mentioned plus many others but for some odd reason it all came toghether for me via the seminars. I still read and study everything I can but I get some great ideas from the traders. Including setting stops and money management. You would need to know my money management history and exit strategies to really be able to effectively critisize. :)

#39     Nov 6, 2002
  10. dottom

dottom

Not offended.

Just debating. :)

If you found value in the course that's great. I like to play devils advocate to explore all sides of an issue. Sometimes I come off like I know it all dick. Sometimes I am.

#40     Nov 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.