George Fontanills

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by LouieR, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badger

badger

recently had a chance to attend a seminar which was held over the weekend into monday.
    I strongly agree that it looks like a scam, however they will give you some basic education about options. like calls, puts, stradles, collars, calendar spreads and spreads, etc.
    the strategy they recomend to use are spreads. And to get good fils you have to use the broker they recomend.
    My friend who invited me was there already once and he lost quite a lot of money on their picks which they gave during the seminar. it was strange to me , however when he told them that their picks are worthless they suggested to use stops and admited that they sometimes make mistakes too. However their new picks didnt work out either, as I was following them and my friend was playing them. :-(
    First day is mostly spend on teaching strategies and second day is spend on promoting their services like optionetics platinum and their newsletters. Also they heavily promote advance get software. At the end they welcome you to sign up for advance and later for super advance seminars which cost 3000 each.
    where they they will teach you more advace stuff.
    Altogether what I learned in order to be sucessful with options you have to spend 10000 on their seminars and buy software for 3000, then maybe.
    In conclusion if you can attend it for free as I did, its worth it plus you can reatend it for life. However I would not pay money for it.

#11     Nov 5, 2002
  2. I guess the variety and opinions of these responses shows that there are many ways to skin a cat. Quite a while ago I decided to bite the bullet and spend the amount to attend the first seminar. From my other businesses I have learned that while it is wise to be frugal you also can't starve a profit out of something. My decision was to spend the first amount and then track the results of every trade to see if the investment paid off. It did and now I wouldn't trade any other way. I have traded options for several years so that helped me get a head start. I trade several accounts and brokerages and my strong point is money management and not picking trades. I also am not interested in day trading as it is not my style. I have traded commodities for many years mostly using monthly charts only so my time frame is maybe unique and for me options work.:) LOL

#13     Nov 5, 2002
  3. I've never gone to one of the seminars but I've gone through all the material. I've also used the website extensively for system testing which is great for hypothetical situations as they use theoretical prices.

Most books and seminars merely describe options strategies and use pictures to do so. Teaching strategies has very little to do with timing however as the structure of the trade is based on a prediction. If predictions are correct then the trader should be able to make a profit on the underlying alone. Before that, the trader may want to stay out of options.

I trade options on the big sp and have found that using systems analysis to trade options is the way to go in order to take care of the timing issues.

Good trading.

#14     Nov 5, 2002
  4. fontanill's book "trade options online" is actually ok. its one of the better newbie option books. i reccomend it---- as far as his seminar goes---probably nothing that is not in the book.

best,

surf:)

#15     Nov 5, 2002
  5. camp

camp

I have the utmost respect for Mr. Fontanils. I don't see how anyone can talk negatively about him when you haven't even taken the whole seminar. I'm very profitable by using his strategies and if you take the WHOLE seminar you would learn that he guarantees you will be successful or he gives you the money back...which he does as I have some friends who have been refunded.

Please don't say negative comments unless you truly have all the facts.

#16     Nov 6, 2002
  6. StrayCat

StrayCat

Camp,

Fontanils didn't do anything for me when I took his Market Insiders Seminar years ago. It was a flop and he could have let us attend optionetics for free. But he didn't. He reneged on his promises in my book.

As one of the posts said. Fontanils would have you believe he is teaching because he likes to help people. The money he charges for seminars are ridiculous.

If you see Fontanils coming, run. The guys a con artist thru and thru.

There is nothing in his $3000 seminar that you can't find on the web and in books.

#17     Nov 6, 2002
  7. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

Actually, grab a bat and show him a little lesson.

Bada Bing!!!

#18     Nov 6, 2002
  8. camp

camp

All I can say is that I'm sorry you've had bad experiences...so far I've tripled my earnings in a down market and I'm thankful for him in developing a system that allows one to minimize the learning curve for beginners and find all the information you need in one place.

Maybe you should take a recent seminar...he allows you to continue to take additional seminars for FREE...I've been to three so far and am going to another in a couple of weeks. I go to four per year as they update the strategies according to the trend of the market at that time. Bottomline...If his systems make me profitable, then that's all I care about.

#19     Nov 6, 2002
  9. dottom

dottom

I read through all the delta-neutral optionetics stuff about 8 years so some of the content may have changed. Basically, unless you have deep pockets and some level of options sophistication utilizing the delta neutral strategies is very difficult. The course also did not devote enough time to managing profit targets or stop-loss thresholds while in a position, only on how to continually adjust so that it is delta neutral. While paper-trading the method I got killed on slippage and commissions. And yes, i did check the actual bid/ask spread by calling direct to the floor rather than relying on EOD quotes for option spread. It also barely gave any any treatment to other non-delta risks, such as volatility.

Like I said, this was 8 years ago. Maybe a lot of the course has changed since then. I don't know what latest and greatest option strategies he's hawking these days.

btw, IIRC, his marketing material was very snake oil like. Lots of buzzwords, examples of great trades, flashing lots of $$, promise of 'the good life', etc.

Oh, and I also have more than 2 posts under my belt. :)

#20     Nov 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.