George Fontanills

Discussion in 'Options' started by blackchip, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Carl K

Carl K

I can easily believe the above claims
    Option knowledge has greatly proliferated in the last 10 years.
    Back then few understood spread trading equity derivatives.

Know days there are many firms trading derivatives, brokerages, hedge funds, banks, etc. and a plethora of education, videos, books, and mentors.

Not long ago, some thought they would make a bundle of free money selling "Credit Default Swaps".
    As you may now know from the news, that they didn't understand the real risk. Well the bad news is, many still don't.
    Some will seek and find work arounds to regulations, then history will repeat, only the names and markets will change to protect the guilty.

Carl

#21     Feb 15, 2011
  2. Because when it comes down to your money you are on your own. There are no financial experts or market gurus and if there are they are certainly not going to sell you their "secret" at a seminar or a $19.99 newsletter.

#22     Feb 15, 2011
  3. Always ask yourself when you setup a position, someone (with much more experience and 10 times better and advanced than you) are taking the other side. Ask yourself what is the chance you will win in this game ? Not even mention you have to pay your broker and slippage . :(

Only trade when you have edge, and not depend on those guru. The edge of those guru is because they have you as a student who provide a fix income and fund their trading. I am sure those guru will deny this accusation like something - i am teaching bacause i already earned enough, i just wanna to give back, i like teaching and all the bs .. :cool:

#23     Feb 17, 2011
  4. spindr0

spindr0

I'm teaching because I love helping others and want to share my knowledge is a valid explanation only when the lessons are free :)

#24     Feb 17, 2011
  5. I'm teaching because I love helping others and want to share my knowledge is a valid explanation only when the lessons are free
    FOR 2 HOURS. PLEASE COME OVER AND JOIN MY FREE 2 HOURS LESSONS THAT CAN MAKE MONEY IN ANY MARKET CONDITION. BY THE WAY, YOU CAN ALSO GENERATE 200% RETURN IN ONE MONTH IF YOU ATTEND ONE OF MY ADVANCED CLASS FOR ONLY $4999. HURRY, THIS OFFER ONLY OPEN TO THE FIRST 100 STUDENTS

#25     Feb 17, 2011
  6. How old was he?...what did he die from?

George Fontanills, world leader in options trading, passed away on June 2, 2012 in Singapore. George graduated with honors from NYU with a B.A. in accounting. He received an M.B.A. from the prestigious Harvard Business School. George co-founded a company called "Optionetics." George's reputation as the "Dean of Options Trading" led to numerous television and radio shows across the country. He has written and co-written many books on trading, all of which have been translated into multiple languages and distributed across the world. George had just completed a new suite of products which is now scheduled to be released worldwide under the brand name RoboTrader, focused on what he firmly believed was the new frontier of trading using powerful algorithms. George will be missed by his beloved wife Charlene Fontanills, his parents Philip and Lugui, and his brother Luis. A memorial service will be held on June 29, 2012 at 2 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church of Boulder. Please visit www.greenwoodmyersfuneral.com to offer condolences.

#27     Jun 18, 2012
  7. It's sad that he passed away and I will try my best to not make fun of the deceased.

=====

Optionetics is likely just like OTA or any other guru on the internet that needs your money.

For $2000 you can get a lifetime membership.....LOL

for $5000 you can be a master trader.....LOL

for $10,000 you can be a PhD of master options trading.... LOL

I am positive the next "gold rush" will be in biotechs.

The cure for maybe growing older, cancer, aids, whatever....

$25, one pill.

over 2 billion sold

10 years later......sorry, doesn't work.

well, actually it does, but you need to buy 2 more pills

lol

#28     Jun 18, 2012
  8. Fontanills was a fake. A used car saleman. A fast talking, back slapping pocket picking BORE. He is the embodiment of the charlitan who can't make any money trading so decides to sell seminars/books/newsletters to teach others to do what he can't.

The fact that he's dead doesn't change that.

I attended a 'free' optionetics seminar years ago which, of course, turned out to be an Optionetics sales marathon.

I got so pissed at the pressure that I told one guy to f*ck off or I'd clobber him. I guess he really needed his commission. He didn't get it from me.

From what I could see they simply packaged information that is freely available from many a book or now free on the internet and hyped it to death.
    e.g.:
    http://www.optionseducation.org/strategies_advanced_concepts/strategies/covered_call.html

Maybe there are people who are so lame they need to be pumped up and spoon fed but they are going to fail as traders anyway. It was all rediculous.

Fontanells' death is not a great loss to me, that's for sure.

I actually was reminded of him recently when I started to get non-stop phone calls from 'Gutter Guardian' wanting to install screens on my gutters. I told one of them if they keep calling me I'm going to send them a bomb in the mail.

#30     Jun 18, 2012