George Bush gave orders to shoot down planes on 9/11

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearice, Oct 29, 2010.

Do you support Bush orders to shoot down planes?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Former US President George W. Bush has disclosed in a memoir how he gave the order to shoot down planes on September 11, 2001.

He said he initially thought that one of the hijacked flights, United Airlines Flight 93 that came down in Pennsylvania, had been shot down on his orders.

Parts of Mr Bush's highly anticipated memoir, Decision Points, were leaked to website the Drudge Report, and he intends to be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey on Nov 9 to promote the "very personal" memoir.

Complete article-:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...new-memoir-reveals-how-he-dealt-with-911.html

2. So much for the whole "let's roll" bullshit...

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The truth is that the F-15s flew straight out to sea following protocol for incoming air attacks. That is why they didn't intercept any hijacked aircraft. I believe the "lets roll" account.

If you guys are so sure the government is out to murder you why do you continue to live here?

If I believed that nonsense I would flee the country.

I conclude you do not really believe this stuff, its just fodder for the people already predispositioned towards fantasy materiel. You all probably played dungeons and dragons too much and got insufficient pussy during your formative years.

4. "The book also reveals how the president bonded with Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at his Texas ranch, after the prince saw a turkey on the road and took it as a good omen."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

5. First of all, I wouldn't see anything wrong with him giving that order on that day.
    Secondly, I don't think what you're saying is true. I don't know what happened in DC, but in NYC, the planes came straight down from a base up in Massachussetts, because that was the closest one. I remember finding out afterwards that that was the closest because Stewart (up in the northern suburbs of NYC) had been closed a while before that, and anyway the named air force that used to be there had long since been disbanded. (If you click the link, look at the map in the lower right. At one time, this country was actually well defended. Not anymore. Too busy invading strange people in weird places to care about what happens to us now.)
    I'm sure some planes were sent out to sea. But that just makes the point of how unprepared they were.
    That lack of preparedness starts at the top, of course. Bush didn't address it, and Obama isn't either. If either of them had, some base closer to NYC would have been made active again. But the obvious idiocy of not having a base near your largest city to defend it still seems not to have occurred to anyone in power. (There is one in Atlantic City: that's 126 miles from NYC, as opposed to only 90 miles from Stewart. Not much of a difference, perhaps, but sometimes every second counts. And of course it's Air National Guard, not Air Force.)
    Just like 9/11, it seems defense of the US is still being left to the Air National Guard, instead of the full-time Air Force. This is nuts.

6. Maybe that's why Muslims LOVE that we have a turkey in the White House..

7. The Air National Guard is capable. Plus, you have anti-military Democrats who like to move money into their personal projects and unions. [​IMG]

8. I got nothing against them, but it doesn't say much about our priorities.
    Also, to the extent partisan politics plays a part, I don't think it's a coincidence that the Northeast mostly votes Democratic in national elections and has only skeletal defenses assigned to it. In case you missed it, the Republicans have held power more often than the Democrats since 1980, by about a 60/40 split in terms of time in power.

9. The "obvious idiocy" is your dim witted assessment. The problems on 9/11 were far more due to procedures at the time, bureaucracy, complacency and an almost institutionalized inattention to domestic defense than the locations of bases and involvement of ANG versus USAF.

10. I think shooting down those planes was the proper call. When the pane went down in PA I thought we shot it down then and I believe that to this day. The flight was doomed. May as well take it out over farmland than have it go into a big city and kill potentially thousands more.

Notice the wreckage scene. Not much damage for a whole airliner crashing. That scene looks more like a dent in the earth from where an engine landed.

RIP deceased.

#10     Oct 30, 2010