Geopolitics of Oil

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Spectre2007, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Why did oil bust through 55-60 barrier? The oil companies are worried, that if Oil stays at a high level, the democrats will launch price gouging investigation.

So the green light for crude appreciation has turned under the political switcharoo.

If Oil stays above 55-60, GOP will lose the next Presidency. With GOP ties to the middleeast, the price action makes sense. So Oil will collapse to 40 dollars.

2. Sponger

Sponger

So where are you short oil from?

3. Spectre 2007 wrote....

Why did oil bust through 55-60 barrier? The oil companies are worried, that if Oil stays at a high level, the democrats will launch price gouging investigation.

So the green light for crude appreciation has turned under the political switcharoo.

If Oil stays above 55-60, GOP will lose the next Presidency. With GOP ties to the middleeast, the price action makes sense. So Oil will collapse to 40 dollars.

.........................................................................................

The Bush policies added over $25 to the oil price...had there been no war ....oil would be around $45 with the increases in demand from China etc...

Also most of the worlds population lives in a $200 to $800 cada mes world...and are very sensitive to prices...

Now that the war issues are dissipating...the HFs leveraged positions are unwinding...

Templeton for some time has a $45 2007 expectation...and even the government of Venezuela uses $29 as a government planning number...The Bush OIL Administration mission has already been accomplished when the oil companies posted the highest revenues in the history of any US corporation during his watch....

Now the focus will be to strategize getting back in power....

Where am I short.....during Katrina as mentioned in my previous posts...

What is of particular interest is the commencing of permanent change in automotive production...The plug ins contribution by GM in its attempt to be one up on Toyota seems to be a serious endeavor....I really hope so...The cars do not change....nothing changes....