Geo Metro - The new Chic Car! - same mpg as Prius

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by seasideheights, May 22, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Or... you could put down your cell phone and text messenger... and PAY ATTENTION while you're driving and not get creamed by an 18 wheeler...

#11     May 22, 2008
  2. Thats funny, my fixed-gear gets the same mileage as yours! Even funnier, I can get around the city faster on this thing than I can in my car :)

[​IMG]

Great way to keep in shape too.

#12     May 22, 2008
  3. i knew a guy who had a geo metro. those things are a piece of crap. they're unreliable and noisy and uncomfortable. i think the 3-cylinder engine had a hp rating of 80. hell, my lawnmower has more power.

and if you ever got into a head-on with a bicycle, the odds are about even that you or the other guy would be seriously hurt.

#13     May 22, 2008
  4. The Prius is NOT the Insight. The batteries in the Prius will last for at least ten years and/or 300,000 miles. Toyota has protective state of charge programming on them to ensure maximum battery longevity - the batteries are kept charged between 40% and 80% of their capacity by design. The Prius is also a very very safe design, with all of the modern sophisticated safety features you'd expect in a car such as airbags all over, high-strength steel frame and beams, traction control, ABS, and so on. None of those are to be found in a Metro.

Disclosure: I DO NOT own a Prius. I do NOT own stock in Toyota. I do, however, own a very nice Lexus LS400.

That sits in the driveway because I'm out riding a bicycle :D :p

#14     May 22, 2008
  5. Allen3

Allen3

Don't have a cell or texty thing. If you don't ever get hit than it doesn't matter what the safety rating is...no?

#15     May 22, 2008
  6. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

#16     May 22, 2008
  7. Allen3

Allen3

Could be thats true. I know that the 10 year guarantee on my Toyota was good as gold. Battery lasted 4 years and that just had to turn the starter. The tire ratings on my well maintained Honda have had a terrific run as well. The car is under 100,000 miles but for some reason has gone through 240,000 worth of tires. Go figure.

Advertisers might have an interest in finding ways to extend performance during testing to give you more comfort in the durability of the product there selling you.

The reality of owning a car is simpler is better. Try fixing all your auto windows when the car gets to be 8 years old. It'll cost you about as much as the value of the car by then. You'll probably just wire or bolt the window up like my mechanic has done on countless cars.

Maybe he knows how do something like that for the hybrids.

You don't have to go the the scrap pile to find a reasonably reliable, reasonably priced car that will get great gas millage. Theres a sweet spot that will cost 1/2 of what the hybrids do. Unless thats what you want to do, in that case, I hope you enjoy it.:)

#17     May 22, 2008
  8. Allen3

Allen3

#18     May 22, 2008
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

LOL, was it a convertible?

#19     May 22, 2008
  10. Allen3

Allen3

He wishes. Probably still has neck problems.

FIAT DI MORTEEEE!

:D

#20     May 22, 2008