Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spydertrader, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Oh yeah, enjoying the interviews! Lepage, Sterling, etc. Good stuff.

#51     Feb 16, 2006
  2. Here we go!

#52     Feb 16, 2006
  3. have you guys been to daytona? i hear itsa hell of good time.
    do you think there should be a limit on the teams on how many drivers they can support? just seems like some teams are gettingtoo big.

#53     Feb 16, 2006
  4. Like I was saying earlier, I wish it was more driver vs. driver rather than Hendrick vs. Roush. Yes, I think there should be a limit.

#54     Feb 16, 2006
  5. I have not attended the Daytona 500 Race in February. My family attends too many other races during the summer currently, but I do have it on my "To Do" List. However, those friends of mine who have attended the Daytona 500, say they did have a hell'uva great time.

The problem with multi car teams stems from NASCAR limiting the number of Test Dates each 'Team' receives. By limiting the number of times each race team can visit a NASCAR Sanction Track, smaller teams find themselves at a disadvantage. In the case of Roush Racing or Hendrick Motorsports, these multi team owners essentially receive five times the Test Dates as a single team owner (both Roush and Hendrick field at least five teams on any given weekend). A smaller team simply cannot compete with this 'information gap' created by the larger multi car teams. However, even with NASCAR limiting the number of teams 'officially' owned by any one individual, one could easily circumvent the rules. Rick Hendrick could simply 'transfer' ownership of several teams to his wife. Even if NASCAR mandates, as part of their rules, limiting the number of teams which reside under a single 'roof,' problems still exist with enforcement. With today's modern technology providing instant communication access virtually anywhere in the world, teams could still share information irrespective of physical location. As a result, I don't see how NASCAR can effectively enforce the Team Limit Rule.

- Spydertrader

#55     Feb 16, 2006
  6. Elliott Sadler has won the first 150-mile qualifying race, and the second race is about to begin.

- Spydertrader.

#56     Feb 16, 2006
  7. Sterling into DJ under that caution... brutal.

#57     Feb 16, 2006
  8. The "REAL" racing season starts in March. "Formula1" The Professionals of motorsports from around the world, they also race around the world.

Now if you want to be a real fan and catch the races live, sometimes you need to get up in the middle of the night since some races are ran in CHINA, JAPAN etc.

Last year or so they had a deal at Indy where Jeff Gordon and Juan Montoya switched cars. Jeff did really good and was super impressed with the g-forces on the neck in the turns. The funny part was where the nascar looked like a real dog next to such a super engineered racing machine. NO comparison.

http://www.formula1.com/

#58     Feb 16, 2006
  9. Jeff Gordon Wins!! (The Second Qualifying Race). I suspect we may here that a lot this year.

- Spydertrader

#59     Feb 16, 2006
  10. I have a few friends over in England that travel around the world to go see these F1 races. The few races I have watched on television (years ago) didn't have a whole lot of passing involved unless somebody went into the pits. However, I'd like to watch one of the big races again just to see what the fuss is all about.

Thanks for the link!

- Spydertrader

#60     Feb 16, 2006