Geneva Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tradewise, Aug 24, 2005.

1. anyone any info on geneva trading. size, markets traded, reputation etc.

cheers :)

2. Good firm with solid reputation, they have about 60-80 traders (grown dramatically in the last 1-2 years) in Chicago, maybe another 20-30 in Dublin (?). They trade mostly treasuries and some indicies, using TT mostly.

It depends on whether you are thinking about becoming a part of their Prop, or as a part of their Professional Trading Center (?), basically an arcade.

Let me know if you need any more info. They are also pretty open to any future products, as long as you can show a profitable trade.

Rufus

3. I heard its a grind and chop shop. I think you get like 30% of what you make.

Each time you push the button, they smile.

4. Is Geneva Trading Part of Fox River Trading, and Joe Ritchie's group?

He is based in Geneva, IL.

5. I am fairly certain that it has nothing to do w/ Joe Ritchie. Ask Geneva if they still take newbies out in the woods, give them a few mundane tools,and leave them there for a couple of days and nights to figure how to get food, shelter, etc. As others have stated, the payout is quite low.

6. LOL, yeah man, its a blowhard shop, they are WAY too selective for the deal they offer, they do the whole stupid ass woods thing, they offer zero strategy, your typical ''watch the book, and dont lose more than x ticks'' firm....its not that its an awful place, but they offer a kind of shitty deal, and arent nearly as sophisticated/strategy oriented as they try to make themselves out to be....

7. They fired my ass, so they must have some sense!:D

8. r-in

r-in

LOL, last time I did that part of getting back was you got to kill the enemy if you saw them before they saw you. Do you get to assault them when you come back in? HAHAHA