Genesis Software Issues

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Singer, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We are monitoring the quote situation very closely, since the upgrades no one has complained and we have not seen any loss of data, or incomplete data. This is true of automated traders who are very sensitive to data as well as Laser users - feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We will continue to treat this as our #1 issue and pay very close attention to our quotes.

We would also like to point out that the post accusing us of truncating a huge portion of market data is coming from a biased source. If our competition wants to place disparaging comments about their competitors, that is their business. We will not stoop to that level.

#51     Feb 7, 2008
  2. Bobarino

Bobarino

ha ha, very dilligaent by Genesis Management. I do trade at Assent, which I pretty much say in every post, but I also have accounts with etrade, light station and I have looked at laser. Which I also freely admit.

I have WATCHED with my own eyes on fast stocks like GOOG and SPY when anvil throws hundreds of quote updates and there is a blur of quote updates. what did laser do? it showed a few movements, but not the entire depth of all the updates. I watched this several times and I simply can not miss quotes on my black boxes.

i'd love to hear how you jam a 100mb spike down to a remote trader though? maybe you can explain how my swipe orders see more quotes in anvil? got any automated traders to back this up?

you can throw it back all you want, I am a trader.... and you are some sort of management from Genesis. why would you say anything bad about laser?

So we are on the same page, I know anvil had/has issues. They just don't ignore it and cut quotes out to soften the market data spike. Hey, maybe I am wrong and you do send the data and just don't paint it. But I know Anvil sees WAY more quote updates, saw it with my own eyes.

#52     Feb 7, 2008

3. Yes you don't post often. But you only post to act as a cheerleader for Genesis when someone says something negative about them or Laser. Snuff snuff, does anyone else smell something?

#53     Feb 7, 2008
  4. Bobarino

Bobarino

LOL, good catch but its actually in line with what GenesisManagement said.... they haven't had one complaint since they made the change. Really???? Not even when ARCA's multicast lost its retransmission feed on Tuesday??? I'm sure removing multicast reliability caused ZERO ISSUES for them.

I wish I could trade in a field of wild flowers and money trees like everyone at Genesis does

#54     Feb 7, 2008
  5. Madmoney

Madmoney

Well not quite sure what to say here?

So here goes. If I go back a month or not even that much laser was really really ruff. It cost me a fair amount of cash and would drive me nuts when the software was not performing well.

However I am happy to say that now I find the software 100% perfect 99% of the time. Today I do not remember even one sticky quote the entire day.

And don't for one second think I am some cheerleader. If laser doesnt perform well I will be on here bitching, it is esential that I have awesome quotes. Trading is tuff enough as it is. With the software running awesome my bank account is really appreciating it!!!

Hey maybe the reason why you claim to have way more quotes???

Maybe you were watching a fast moving stock doing tons of volume and institutions are buying and selling like crazy and the software you were looking at is unable to keep up. Therefore you are seeing way more quotes on that software because half of them have already been printed and they are now phantom quotes?

Just taking a guess, but feel free to tell me which ecns and how many levels deep so I can check tomorrow. I will be happy to post with total honesty, as I said, I need laser to run awesome.

#55     Feb 7, 2008

6. I trade on laser and see all the orders/updates.And i trade some very fast stocks.

Here is a question for the Genesis Management, Assent is going to add the full depth of the market makers/ecn's/nyse to anvils levelII sometime in april/may it will be implemented. Laser i have got no sure answer as to if/when the software will be updated. I have spoken with every firm and they are all going in the same direction and adding this feature before the summer.

If you can address this issue that would be great.

#56     Feb 7, 2008

7. Sounds like what you're talking about is TotalView. It is available on Laser and has been for ages. I use Laser every day and I see full ECN depth for ARCA, INET, BATS, EDGA, EDGX, BOOK and market makers. Also, Laser has Open Book integrated into the level 2, so you see full NYSE depth without having to open a seperate box like you do on other software. Is there some new magical ECN that I don't see that these people are complaining about?

#57     Feb 7, 2008

8. I have the total view, just trac is the only ecn you don't have listed. I got in touch with them today and they are going the same as the other firms.

#58     Feb 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.