Genesis Software Issues

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Singer, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singer

Singer

I was very pleased with the quality of quotes-- even EDGE-- on Tuesday, but held back from saying anything until I could observe Laser's performance during the fed announcement.

I would just like to say, CONGRATULATIONS GENESIS. Whatever was wrong, you completely fixed it.

Quotes were blisteringly fast and accurate, when even eSignal lagged behind. ARCA worked fine... I didn't have to hide it today. EDGE even worked!

As the original poster/complainer I would like to officially state how happy I am that the problems seem to be completely fixed. Thank you Alex & Co. I am once again proud to be trading on a smoothly working system. (Keep it up so I don't have to complain again, eh?)

#41     Jan 30, 2008
  2. Code:
    To experience our Laser trading platform, please email us your request for a trial account today.

Email: [email]sales@gndt.com[/email]
    Question to Genesis clients: If/when you requested a trial of Laser, how long did it take for them to setup the trial account? 4 days and counting, still no reply :confused:

#42     Jan 31, 2008
  3. yes laser working nicely... :) u're right even edgx!

#43     Jan 31, 2008
  4. Joab

Joab

Problems "seem" to be fixed BUT I still can't believe that STOP orders are not fully integrated in an easy but effective manor.

Trading without HARD stops is nutz , don't you guys want your traders to make $$$. ?

I know your working on integrating the OMS into a better faster method but can we speed that up a little :)

#44     Jan 31, 2008
  5. newguy1

newguy1

how was arca today? any stuck quotes?

how about into the close, any freezes?

#45     Jan 31, 2008
  6. teddy

teddy

ARCA is fine.
    Everything works well on Laser.
    Fast and no stuck quotes.

#46     Jan 31, 2008
  7. Bobarino

Bobarino

Laser is pretty solid, except they dont show every quote move... or the entire depth of book. Its a temporary solution for hand traders, but once you move over to smart orders or native orders (that sit on Laser waiting for X condition) it will DRAMATICALLY hurt you.

Does anyone remember those kit cars from the 1980's where you could put a Lamborghini body on a Pinto frame?? It looks great when you stare at it in the driveway, but when you take it out on the freeway with the other Porsches, Ferraris and Lamborghinis it gets its doors blown off.

Same concept here. For those low-volume hand traders who dont look to make much revenue its a great solution, but for the automated trader or the revenue-maximum traders.... it will NEVER be Ok that someone else decides what I see and trade against, simply because they cant find a way to handle all of the data.

If I said "Who wants to trade against 60-70% of the market data available"... how many of you would have your hand raised?

I find Anvil works best, and even though they've had major issues lately its been lights out again for me the past two weeks. I think once they get ARCA multicast, you'll see no data issues and back to ZERO latency.

#47     Feb 7, 2008
  8. Singer

Singer

This comes as news to me. Bad news.

Alex, can you confirm or deny this?

#48     Feb 7, 2008
  9. Madmoney

Madmoney

I have not noticed this.

Can you please tell us what ecns you are not seeing depth on?

If you are not seeing the depth on some ecns please tell us which ones and how many levels you can see.

Not saying you are right or wrong, just saying I have not noticed it and would like to keep an eye out for it tomorrow.

Thanks.

#49     Feb 7, 2008
  10. teddy

teddy

My Laser is solid.
    No problems.

I don't post often.
    However, I do notice there are people who is bad mouthing competition.

Lets keep the forum clean.

#50     Feb 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.