Genesis Software Issues

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Singer, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex,

Do you have any plans to port your API to Unix?

It appears that you have all necessary variables: API, FIX support, direct exchange connectivity, and direct market data feeds. But API works only under Windows, which puts away all serious guys running their black boxes on Linux.

In particular, I'd be very interesting to have market data feed API on Linux (OMS not that important since I use FIX). I think that would give you a good boost to your business.

Any comments?

Thanks!

#31     Jan 28, 2008
  2. I 2nd, 3rd, 4th that.
    I would move to genesis if they just gave me a clean socket api I could use via linux with the language of my choice.

Astounds me that everyone doesn't do this, and then provide language/platform wrappers to run anywhere.

#32     Jan 28, 2008
  3. I 2nd that too !!

#33     Jan 28, 2008
  4. onelot

onelot

#34     Jan 28, 2008
  5. I've contacted them a couple of month ago and got received the full API for Windows. Asked the question about Linux version and got a straight forward answer...

I'd like to hear a word from Genesis guys though...

#35     Jan 28, 2008
  6. Madmoney

Madmoney

Can you guys please please give an update on when this ARCA will be fixed.

I am losing money with this ARCA, it is so bad.

Please please answer and let me know when it will be fixed.

I went with you guys awhile ago. I really want to stay on board but how can i when ARCA is like this.

I know you guys are working on it. Please give us a timeframe.

Thank you.

#36     Jan 29, 2008
  7. We actually upgraded it as of last night, today we are seeing very clean quotes.

#37     Jan 29, 2008
  8. Madmoney

Madmoney

This is unreal. I finally cave in and post and complain yesterday cuz I was so sick of trading at a disadvantage. ARCA was so bad I would hide it everyday.

This is just unreal. The very next day for the first time in months my laser was totally perfect. There was not one stuck quote anywhere the entire day for me.

I am completely in shock. I guess when I whine people jump!!!!

HAHA!

In all honesty thank you so much for fixing the problem. Every ECN perfect today.

How about everyone else???

Did you all see an incredible improvement?

Mine virtually happened overnight.

Genesis tech support. Please take some serious notes here. You guys have made many modifications before that never fixed the problems. I know you tried but it did not work. Whatever you fixed last night was the exact problem so please make note of it. Now you guys know 100% what the problem was!!!

Thanks for fixing it.

Please note also that todays volume was not crazy but tomorrow being fed day will be. The true test will be tomorrow.

Hopefully laser passes the test!!!

:)

#38     Jan 29, 2008
  9. I can't really add much to this. This guy pretty much nailed it. I'll just add that today I didn't have a single stuck quote at all. It was beautiful.

Kudos to you Alex and the gang there.

#39     Jan 29, 2008
  10. Genesis is watching the quote situation very carefully. We remain humble. We will fix problems that arise and implement new technology to make Laser better and faster. Genesis is devoted to give our traders the best weapons: execution, price, customer service. Thank you!

#40     Jan 30, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.