Genesis Securities

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trader111171, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Could I get some Pros and Cons on Genesis. If you could also share any info on their trading platform, that would be great.

Thanks

2. tango29

tango29

Not sure if you are looking from the retail side or professional side, but I'd be curious for input form retail side also. Thanks

3. After using Real Tick..REDI..Hammer..Cyber....others...

Genesis is the best...

They have the right business model at the right time...

They self clear...they own their technology...they have incredibly fast execution rates because of their own ticker plant....they have the best commission rates on the street...

Their software is very intuitive...

In my opinion...no one can touch them when it comes to trading equities...no one...

Unlike other vendors who basically are resellers..they own and control everything...

They also have offer leverage through their LLCs...or accept professional retail and institutional accounts....

I am very proud of this hard working and creative firm which is perfect for professional equity traders....

4. I hear getting in touch with or a response from Serge is almost impossible. Is customer service like this also? If something goes wrong and you need immediate help or assistance can you, and have you been able to get someone on the phone to help you immediately? Are they under-staffed?

5. CONS:

- No Conversions
    - Low leverage compared to other firms (I think 10:1)

6. I don't use conversions so that doesn't really matter to me. I was told they would be offering options trading in a few months?

7. karsat

karsat

No Stop Limit or Stop Loss or one triggers other or one cancels the others Orders....its good if you sit around the platform whole day.....

8. piggie

piggie

I have obtained quotes from $0 to $250 a month on the Laser platform. The quotes are from phoning people working for Genesis, I assume sales rep, not traders with Genesis. So what do you as a trader pay for the platform? Please PM me if it can't be openly disclosed. Thank you.

-harry

9. Can't you set those type of orders through excel automation? I'd don't know how difficult it is to program though.

10. GTC

GTC

I noticed that Genesis did increase their per-share pricing from $0.005 to $0.01 for the retail customer in their web-site. I hope they will have some kind of consistency in their commissions rate and platform rate based on trading volume ranges in the near future. I was quoted a different platform fees once I was finally able to talk to them. They seem to be under staffed and not very good in replying email inquiries. Hope it improves.

#10     Aug 11, 2005