Genesis Securities, Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bluedog, May 4, 2006.

1. mss

mss

As of June 5, the IB short list in the morning for the U. S. market now appears to have about the same number of securities as Genesis.

#41     Jun 5, 2006
  2. Their ET banner ad shows that now they trade options. Their website now shows them as ISE members. Can anyone trading with Genesis confirm if they do indeed have options connectivity? Thanks

#42     Jun 5, 2006
  3. yes u can trade options there, only long positions as i was told by the director there.

#43     Jun 7, 2006
  4. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

Im starting up with a firm that routes through Genesis using the laser software.

Can I ask some people with Genesis how much the software fees are to use the laser platform? I am linking it into esignal also...should this be an extra charge?

I am being told ~$250 plus open book plus futures.....am i being overcharged for this service?

#44     Jun 12, 2006
  5. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

Also....the deal is 80% with 1$ ticket charge.....how is this comparable to what else is being offered out there. Thanks for your help to anyone with a response.

Yours in trading

#45     Jun 12, 2006
  6. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

bump......no comment on rates at Genesis? from anyone....? lets try this again

#46     Jun 12, 2006
  7. I pay $200 a month, but I don't get futures or openbook, but I think it sounds right.

There are places where they will cover almost all of that for you though.

I know a few posters on ET that get $1 per-ticket at 80% payout, so that is fine. Does your firm cover the software fee's if you make a certain amount of money? Ask if they will cover it for you if you make a certain amount or something.

Sounds okay though.

#47     Jun 12, 2006
  8. i am aware of avidus and Cy Group Trading. Not sure of avidus website but cygroup is www.cygrouponline.com

but they use genesis as their broker but handle their own support etc.. Anybody know of other groups or firms? Cy Group was offering 20:1 and 3:1 for overnights no software fees.

It would nice to know some other firms that use Genesis as a broker. Maybe motive? If anyone knows of other firms let me know, thanks.

#48     Jun 16, 2006
  9. Cy Group
    Trade Vision Capital
    Trinity Capital Partners
    Bear Capital
    Guradian Trading

I once had a list of 18+ firms on ET, but the mods told me I couldn't display it, which is dumb IMO, but hey... what can ya do.

If your not looking for Laser specifically:
    EchoTrade
    BrightTrading
    Prestige Capital
    Positrade Inc
    Swifttrade
    HLV Trading (Not recommended)
    Golden Market (Not recommended)
    Chicago Trading Services
    Pacific Coast Trading
    Avidus Trading
    VTrader Group

#49     Jun 16, 2006
  10. Genesis is great, props to Steven Yang, who has helped me many many times...I will be going back with him through Cygroup, I put up 5k, 1 penney a share, 10-1 BP, I get a 100k for 5k, not bad and that is good for me. keep 100% profit and withdraw anytime...

#50     Jun 16, 2006