Genesis Securities and Laser trial ....

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rinozeta, May 23, 2004.

1. EricP

EricP

I do a fair amount of programming myself for my automated system, and that's the same experience that I have found. Programming can be a pain-in-the-butt, but once you are complete it is great (i.e. automated trading especially).

-Eric

#11     May 25, 2004
  2. Now now now.... having little code robots trading for you
    is a joke and can never work. Just ask longshot :p :p :p

I agree..... I just ran another prod system today and it rocked :D

peace

axeman

#12     May 25, 2004
  3. alanm

alanm

EricP: Can you comment on what kind of changes were necessary for you to integrate with them? Specifically, was it an issue of bandwidth reduction by doing something proprietary on their end with quote data before you get it, issues with order handling, or what?

#13     May 26, 2004
  4. EricP

EricP

For my automated trading, I typically locate a server within the server room of the brokerage firm. Then I need to create two C++ data bridges. One connects the brokerage firms quote feed into my system (i.e. sends me data in the form that my system can understand it) and the other passes data back and forth between my system and the brokerage order server.

Genesis does have an API with which an independent programmer could create both of these bridges. However, I am not a C++ programmer and I don't know of any good ones locally that could help me with this integration, so Genesis has agreed to create it for me (which I appreciate).

I hope this answers your question,
    -Eric

#14     May 26, 2004
  5. alanm

alanm

Thanks.

#15     May 26, 2004