Genesis Sec. must get their act together

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NJ1000, Jun 13, 2005.

1. yeayo

yeayo

I think Genesis has a lot of potential, but they fall short where almost every other firm falls short - poor management. No trading-related problem at any firm is unfixable. What is unfixable is the short term mentality that the managers have in thinking that the money is in the short-term and one-time screw and rather than the long-term repeat business.

#11     Jun 13, 2005
  2. It is asking a lot considering the rates you pay. From a low cost shop like Genesis, you should not expect anything more than a basic execution platform. Even trading platforms that have almost all of the common trading feautures (charts with different periods, filters, watchlists, etc.) are not as good as the combination of a trading platform & supportive software such as E-signal, Thompson, Qcharts.

#12     Jun 13, 2005
  3. GSCO

GSCO

SOES has never been available premarket.

#13     Jun 13, 2005
  4. Nutzo

Nutzo

Do you guys pay monthly software fees with Genesis?

#14     Jun 13, 2005
  5. NJ1000

NJ1000

no monthly fees,
    well I don't know what you want to call it GSCO but if there is a market maker or size on the box now a days pre- market you should be able to take/hit him I was able to do it at etrade and see it being done nowadays in front of my face only I am not able to do it.

#15     Jun 13, 2005
  6. WITH .001 TO .002 PER SHARE ITS HARD TO GET ANY SUPPORT. i've looked at few firms and there demo feeds and it seems they're all using 3rd tier quotes. i have esignal and they;re second to none. unless you do all limits then you'll get screwed for a penny or 2 per trade which is 20 times what you're saving

#16     Jun 13, 2005
  7. boxcar

boxcar

because pros use market orders... that .02 is what those of us in the business call the 'spread'

if you had actually used the systems together you'd know that quotes from genesis are visibly faster than esignal's.

#17     Jun 13, 2005
  8. teddy

teddy

I'm getting very good rates and very good support at Genesis.
    However, I think they are experience growing pains.
    You need to pressure Serge and his team to act on it.

My futures (sp and nasdaq) worked fine today.
    It is possible that the futures quote server you are on were too busy or not working properly.

Genesis is a Tier I quote vendor.
    They get the data directly from Nasdaq, SIAC (NYSE), and the ECNs.
    Before joining Genesis, I benchmarked the Genesis quotes against hammer, MB Trading, e-signal, qchart, instaquote and found Genesis's data feed is still the fastest.

I agree that Genesis has alot of potential.
    I also feel that Genesis does cares about their traders.
    However, I agree that they need to beef up their servcie a bit.

I have to disagree on low rate and low service.
    I still remember the days when I paid high rate and get no service with other firms.

#18     Jun 13, 2005
  9. look pretty much anyone on the street can get .002 from genesis plus full pass htrews either directly or threw a llc ouyt there. which means many bigger players getting .001 or less even. if genesis doing 10 million shares a day at an avg of .0015 thats what only 15k a day coming in. clearing alone cost genesis .0005 or so that leaves really thin margins. sombody told me genesis is owned by a connesses guy. i thought it was russiams

#19     Jun 13, 2005
  10. Dustin

Dustin

I think they do considerably more than 10M shares/day.

#20     Jun 13, 2005