Genesis Sec. must get their act together

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NJ1000, Jun 13, 2005.

1. NJ1000

NJ1000

I currently trade for an llc of genesis sec. and do not understand the incomptence of their trade support area. Today the s&p futures were wrong all day I reported it to them and nothing was done. Also for the last few weeks I have been telling them we should be allowed to use size ands soes in the pre market, to this day I still cannot do this before 9:30 on Genesis software. The risers and fallers page is still not working something i called on when I stared working there a month ago. I am a NASDAQ day trader and these things are essentially to my sucess. I came from e-trade and although they were not great I always got answers to my problems and never had the problems I have had here, is any one else experiencing problems with them I mean I currently have a real good deal but these ongoing issues are nullifying the savings in commissions i get from them. I wonder if the saying you get what you pay for is true in this case.

2. What do you expect? Rock bottom rates and top trade support?

You get what you pay for.

3. NJ1000

NJ1000

that seems true, but I don't think asking for the futures to be correct and knowing that you are able to soes before 9:30 nowadays per the new rules is asking for alot.

4. Dustin

Dustin

I agree that it's not asking a lot, but Genesis in my opinion is execution software only. I wouldn't recommend using it for futures, stats, etc. Probably 90%+ of their clients have some other software like Esig or Qcharts to handle all that. As for the pre-market execution routes I agree that they should be fixed.

5. i do not know what size you trade..........but if you trading with genesis hopefully it is not alot

6. Last I heard size and soes do not work before 9:30am since that's when the MM's start? Only ECNs in extended hours.

7. Short term charts ... fast executions...excellent rates...and leverage...

Thus is why I use Genesis...

8. NJ1000

NJ1000

wrong mm's and size are allowed on the box before 9:30 now and can be executed against, I was able to do it at Etrade unfortuanelty not now at Genesis.

9. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

well, go back to etrade

10. NJ1000

NJ1000

dumb comment, i don't know if you heard but they closed down their prop division and only have retail guys there now. I don't have 50,000 to put up (which is the minimuim I would need) to have that option. I have to many other expenses at this time to tie up that kind of money. I don't think I am asking for alot from the company, not like I am trading some complex strategy this is basic stuff.

#10     Jun 13, 2005