Genesis Laser

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Genesis Mngmnt, Jun 28, 2007.

1. too bad.. same old story, some traders said it was working great again? a day like today getting caught in a position, what a ass raping someone could get with this software, would it be worth it ? to the cheerleaders ( blind traders) that pretend its good, let's face reality. i have not traded on the software in months because i can see their are issues with it. rather not get stuck in a trade.. some will learn, don't say you have not been warned by many of us on here. been saying it for months, it only takes one bad experience .. no one is bashing, but warning to be careful.. BY the way if the software was to start performing the way it should, stable & accurate info. i will be the first to say thats its back to normal, a miracle would have to take place in any event.. too bad. i use to like it when it worked in the past. but i rather not roll the dice & get screwed over by using it. its just a matter of time for more traders to wake up before they lose their money.. genesis should get their act together & finally fix this buggy software.. take this as friendly advice, no need for nasty comments.. just being honest or find out the hard way when you lose you money..

#51     Sep 18, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

I got caught in it today too .... :(

Luckily I was on the Spyders with low margin or it could have been horrific.

#52     Sep 18, 2007
  3. hi joab, are you using hydratrade any more?

#53     Sep 18, 2007
  4. Joab

Joab

I use both :)

#54     Sep 18, 2007
  5. Laser worked fine for me after the Fed announcement. Apart from open book sticking (which I removed manully). Didn't have so much as a stuck quote.

#55     Sep 18, 2007
  6. kean

kean

Can't believe Genesis has turned of bats/edge quotes for up to two weeks. Insane. In a attempt to fix intermittent lagging quotes they shut off 20/30 % of the market. If that is the true reason it's a terrible decision. Trading is hard enough. Finally time to start looking elsewhere. Too bad. Genesis was the best firm I've dealt with up until the last six months. I guess in an effort to cut costs the product suffers and then you lose business because of the product. You can see where this is headed.

#56     Nov 12, 2007