Genesis Laser

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Genesis Mngmnt, Jun 28, 2007.

1. gkadir

gkadir

I am having massive laser issues after the feds announcment, anyone else? Its bending me forward and I am getting secrwed, bad quotes big time

#31     Aug 7, 2007
  2. Lippy

Lippy

massive laser and sterling issues, probably most softwares were messed

#32     Aug 7, 2007
  3. kean

kean

absolutely unacceptable......especially when you call CS and they say no one else is experiencing issues. Company line must be to just blame it on someone else. I for one am close to the end of the line with this company. When i leave I'll tell them it's definetly nothing to do with them

#33     Aug 7, 2007
  4. gkadir

gkadir

These guys will pay for it trust me they will on the long run.
    No wonder Sergy left them.

#34     Aug 7, 2007
  5. Lightspeed was fine today.

#35     Aug 7, 2007
  6. wow, again problems, never fails, only gets worse. i stopped using laser, and hopefully others will do the same, genesis should get their act together, its like getting mugged all the time.. its just a screwed up situation.. not worth losing money period, get out while you can , then take the chance of being raped one day while using their platform, not worth it.

#36     Aug 7, 2007
  7. EricP

EricP

Thanks, Genesis!

Many, many brokers have been struggling with the recent market volatility and increased messaging traffic. I know that Genesis had lag issues on their NYSE data for a while after the Fed report a few days ago, and that's been a huge concern for me, since the best trading opportunities occur when the trading is the wildest and most active.

However, I've got to give them credit when it's due. Last night, they completed an emergency bandwidth upgrade for the data circuit between them and their Savvis provider. Today, despite the wild trading activity, my feed has been rock solid and my trading is among the best days of 2007. I've executed over 4200 tickets and 750k shares (and I'm up over $30k on the day), and it's just barely noon EST.

Way to go, Genesis, and thanks for keeping on top of issues like this while other brokers are still suffering with it.

P.S. I saw over $6k in increased slippage losses after the Fed report, so I'm not always such a happy camper.

#37     Aug 9, 2007
  8. EricP

EricP

Yes, good question. I have no idea what is going on with that, and it is a nuisance. It's not a huge deal for me, since the IC website is working fine. But, just like you, I'd like to see the old blotter site fixed ASAP.

In light of the recent market volatility, I'm glad they apparently prioritized getting the data bandwidth and other critical trading issues resolved ahead of the blotter website (although I'd prefer everything be perfect all of the time).

-Eric

#39     Aug 9, 2007
  9. we all can hope, right..

#40     Aug 9, 2007