Genesis Laser

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Genesis Mngmnt, Jun 28, 2007.

1. kidkash

kidkash

another great day with the software yesterday!!!!!!:D

#11     Jun 30, 2007
  2. cstfx

cstfx

I believe you have to get a T1 for that, and depending on where you are it can run you from 400/mth to over 1k/mth. You can't get a direct connection using the public internet. .

#12     Jul 1, 2007
  3. its amazing all these positive reviews on laser within the last day. i have used this software for a few years now. it does not work properly period. anyone that actually uses the software knows it has major issues, its far from fixed.. quotes are lagging, bad data everywhere, even pnl is incorrect. all these upgrades & still does not work. any serious trader can not use a system as such, without risking money . i had my share of problems & even lost money on a few trades because of bad data, hopefully the problems get resolved. when it works its good software, but it has been a nightmare to most traders for several months now. so for low comm with bad performance is a losing proposition.

#13     Jul 1, 2007
  4. EricP

EricP

Sounds like you are not a serious trader? Why would you use it for several years now, if it "does not work properly period?"

Seriously, your credibility would be much improved if not for the fact that you have only two posts to your name, both bashing Laser. Laser has had some problems during the past 1-2 months, and they are (apparently) resolved and ended. End of story (I hope).

#14     Jul 1, 2007
  5. As a trading firm... how does Genesis compare to Asset or Bright? Does Genesis require licenses? For someone trading mostly NASDs and ETFs (100k-300k shares/mo) what kind of commissions are available for a remote trader? Looking for 100% payout with 20xBP on $10k deposit.

Thanks

#15     Jul 1, 2007
  6. to eric.. whats why et is a joke, because of clowns like yourself. read my post, i said i used the software for 2 years, and in the last 6 months their has been issues with the software period. it has not been fixed period. so go shill for some other company and state the facts instead of being a jerkoff with all the other positive posters on this thread. that why i decided to make a post in seeing this total bullshit you guys come up with. put the energy into helping fix the issues with laser if your such a know it all.

#16     Jul 1, 2007
  7. The truth of the matter is look at how many posters are saying good things about laser now.

Many more good then bad.

Laser is back and working awesome!!!

Now before you start calling me a cheerleader or start thinking I am a part of the management team, please look at my first post on elitetrader. It was not a very nice one, in fact i was saying negative things about the software.

I say it like it is. Laser was awesome a few days before the fed announcement. I just did not say anything at that time because volume was light and I wanted to see a true test.

The fed announcement was what I was waiting for. Laser handled it perfectly. Also I would like to mention that laser was perfect when looking at Rimm as well the next day.

Thanks again to the Genesis Management Team for resolving the issues.

:cool:

#17     Jul 1, 2007
  8. T3-Jeff

T3-Jeff T3 Trading Group

Please call us at 1.866.901.3223 or visit our website at www.jctradinggroup.com. We can answer all those questions for you. Thank You, Jeff

#18     Jul 1, 2007
  9. EricP

EricP

Looks like you need to read what you said, not me. I quoted what you said, word for word, in my post. To refresh your memory, you said

"i have used this software for a few years now. it does not work properly period."

(Note: The shift key can be used for capitalization, when desired)

Anyone that uses a software program for trading for 'a few years', and that program 'does not work properly, period' is someone that should find a new career and leave trading.

Regarding Laser... I don't think any Genesis clients here have disputed that Laser has had problems during the past 1-2 months. Even Genesis management has come to ET to acknowledge that and point out what they have been doing to correct the issues. It seems that virtually everyone using Laser on ET (except you) has seen tremendous improvement during the past week, as well. If you haven't, then I suspect that you might have the common sense to realize that maybe it's a problem with your system or connection.

There are many <i>professional</i> and consistently successful traders, including myself, that use Genesis for our livelihoods. I probably speak for most of them when I say that Genesis is my partner in my trading business. When I have problems, it costs me trading opportunities and it costs them commissions. When <i>they</i> have a problem, it costs me trading opportunities and it costs them commissions. It is in my best interest for them to have a fast, stable and reliable platform on which to trade. It is also in <i>their</i> best interest to provide a fast, stable and reliable platform on which their clients can trade. At times, I have problems, and it costs both of us business. At times (usually seldom, but certainly had been an issue recently), they have problems, and it costs them and their clients business/trading opportunities. That's simply life, and part of the business. No firm is perfect.

I will also point out that I have never asked to have a loss credited back to me on the extremely infrequent occasion when a problem on their end results in a loss. I realize that this is just part of the cost of doing business. For what it's worth, I've been their client since Aug 2004, and have executed 1.2M trades with them during that time. If you can find a better broker, do yourself a favor and move to them.

#19     Jul 1, 2007
  10. eric, i am glad you do not work for genesis, but you should with these statements your making. since your the authority on how this software has been performing with no flaws. maybe you can help fix the bugs that most traders experience on a daily basis. you do not use the platform as many traders do, the front end application, in viewing all the data & executing trades. YOU USE IT FOR AUTOMATED TRADING WITH YOUR API, DIFFERENT SITUATION. so you can't speak intelligently on the facts since you do not use the software in the same manner. so stop talking out of your ass since you think you mr, know it all.

#20     Jul 1, 2007