Genesis Laser Release Notes?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by MMHunter, Jan 3, 2007.

1. MMHunter

MMHunter

Anyone know where one can find release notes on the new versions of Laser that come out?

It's really annoying to have to guess what features have been added all the time, and the guys at Genesis support usually have no clue.

2. There are none. I usually just F-around with the software until I see something that looks new and then call them.

Release notes are only provided by professional software companies so don't expect them anytime soon.

3. MMHunter

MMHunter

I've given up on Genesis and am trying to find another broker.

4. I$land

I$land

I tried Laser many months ago and I was not impressed at all. It seemed like a very limited platform.

Did they implement server-side stops ?

5. Yes but Laser's server-side stops are pitifully inadequate for professional traders (see below). And no one at Genesis seems to care about improving them.

P.S. If you know if a good firm with the following let me know. I'd leave Genesis faster than Barry Bonds at a drug test:

--> 1/4 per share
    --> 10-20 times intraday buying power
    --> No licenses required

The quote below is from the thread: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...rpage=40&highlight=genesis stops&pagenumber=2

6. I$land

I$land

--> 1/4 per share
    --> 10-20 times intraday buying power
    --> No licenses required

Can anyone really get that ?

You probably need a 1M$ account and 1 billion shares traded a month to get this... :)