Genesis From The View Point Of a Clinical Psychologist - Jordan Peterson

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by zghorner, Sep 19, 2019.

1. zghorner

zghorner

Magnificent video series on early biblical stories from one of this eras greatest minds...articulated like only Dr. Peterson can do. If you enjoy this I also highly recommend his "Maps of Meaning" series.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. d08

d08

Peterson had a few decent ideas at first but most of what he says is a bunch of nonsense. Suckers pay good money to hear him speak though, good business. He's clearly very fond of himself, heavy narcissistic traits.
    As with most religions, it was about controlling people. What do you do if you have a peasant working for nothing, how do you stop him from killing the lords and stealing the gold? Tell him he'll go to hell.

3. Nobert

Nobert

Are those really suckers...

Or just ordinary people, looking for guidance & potential solutions, since their ( most likely ) dysfunctional background had only misery and pain to offer.

Tho there must be , few suckers in the audience for sure, those who go there, only to share picture of ticket in Instagram, meanwhile instead of listening, playing with phone or something.

I don't know man, i don't know... Many people of extremely - high standards & in leaderships positions,
    ( people that can scan through bs, personality disorders, within the speed of light )

had interviews with him. Noone pointed that out...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    zghorner likes this.
  4. zghorner

zghorner

Have you actually listened to what he has to say? Asking because I have listened to dozens of hours of him and couldn’t disagree with what you say more.

5. stu

stu

He's been described as "The professor of piffle" ...

"You may say, 'Well, dragons don't exist'. It's, like, yes they do — the category predator and the category dragon are the same category. It absolutely exists. It's a superordinate category. It exists absolutely more than anything else. In fact, it really exists. What exists is not obvious." Jordan Peterson

... and not that hard to see why.

6. zghorner

zghorner

Who exactly is calling him the professor of piffle? Uber Leftist politically correct trans genders that are more than willing to slander anyone who doesnt have the latest list of nonbinary gender identities memorized.

Another good video on this subject worth watching.

Nobert likes this.
  7. stu

stu

No, not that, just a fellow University colleague.

But instead of hurling silly political insults in defense of JP's gobbledygook, can you explain how his actual words and their commonly understood meanings in that dragon nonsense he came up with make any sense?

8. zghorner

zghorner

Literal translations are for small minds...not everything that exists is obvious. Dont judge him from one paragraph...instead you should consider reading, watching, or listening to everything around it before passing judgement. The video posted above should answer your question nicely.

9. stu

stu

He literally doesn't mean what he says. Got it.

Then it cannot be obvious a thing exists. Yet he states a thing "absolutely exists".
    One must presume he doesn't take himself literally either.

But it doesn't. He utters 'the bleedin obvious' then tacks on to it a bunch of trite nonsense and made up opinion with no rational support. Just his literal opinions.

"Jordan Peterson appears very profound and has convinced many people to take him seriously. Yet he has almost nothing of value to say. This should be obvious to anyone who has spent even a few moments critically examining his writings and speeches, which are comically befuddled, pompous, and ignorant. They are half nonsense, half banality. In a reasonable world, Peterson would be seen as the kind of tedious crackpot that one hopes not to get seated next to on a train."

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/03/the-intellectual-we-deserve

destriero likes this.
  10. zghorner

zghorner

riiiiiight...so you are basically took me saying that not everything is obvious and said well then nothing can be obvious? Damn man so everything is just as obvious as everything else in your world? shit i guess the world was actually flat then before it was discovered to be a spheroid.

He is basically saying what most people view as mere mythological nonsense having no ground in reality ABSOLUTELY DOES exist, it means something...now from here he offers his own beliefs on the subject and you can take it as holding water or reject it as worthless. I think he is a smart man that has dedicated his life to answering some interesting questions...you disagree and that's fine.

"YET HE HAS NOTHING OF VALUE TO SAY" ??????? You watch a video like i will embed below and post a quote stating he has nothing of value to say? Come on bud.

#10     Sep 20, 2019