Genesis day-trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by lolatency, Mar 19, 2009.

1. I havent had a problem with lagging quotes in ages. The only thing that lags is 'open book' for the first 5 mins of the day. So I just turn it off for the first 5 mins. Works fine after that. I don't mind putting up with that as the 'open book' is integrated in the level 2. So going without it for the first 5 mins is acceptable to not have to look at a seperate window to see the NYSE book the rest of the day.

It used to be a mess after the FOMC, a couple ecn books were sure to get stuck/start lagging. It's been fixed and works flawlessly at all times including FOMC decisions.

#11     Mar 21, 2009
  2. I second that.
    Although I dont have any issues with Openbook - but I don't use it that "hardcore" to tell.

During ANY volume spike - we are fully online and perfect.

What the other poster was referring to was probably a wierd hotkey setup and not enough hotkeys for certain things. That's really a tiny issue compared to fast quotes & execution - but there is a solution for that as well.
    I've been posting before and will post again:
    for those who use laser - i suggest get modded laser, the quote speed & execution will remain flawless, but you will be able to get all those bells and whistles that laser lacks.

#12     Mar 22, 2009
  3. cstfx

cstfx

what is "modded laser"?

#13     Mar 22, 2009
  4. Laser has the ability to "mod" it, like any other software with some kind of an opening (think Excel add-ons, firefox addons, etc).
    The mods are third party and can get you customization that you need.
    Or you can think of it as Windows with apps that you install (like Excel, Word, etc). Treat Laser like an OS and install apps and "mods" to make your life easier.

If you'd like to know more, I don't mind if you pM me and I can put you in the direction that we went (the team that did mods for us).

#14     Mar 22, 2009