Genesis API Login

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by nbraid, Aug 20, 2010.

1. nbraid

nbraid

Hello,

I am trying to write a C++ program to trade with Genesis, but I can't successfully log on. The Login() function is working correctly, but IsLoggedIn() continually returns "false" I am trying to use OnExecConnected, OnExecLoggedIn, etc. etc. to determine where the login process is failing, but I'm not sure if I'm using them right. I currently have functions such as
    Code:
    void MySession::ShowExecConnected(){
    		cout <<"OnExecConnected:"<<GTSession::OnExecConnected()<<endl;}

to show what values the respective functions are returning. However I am noticing that they all return 0, saying they are successful, even if I print the values without even attempting to login. This makes me think that I am not using the functions correctly, or am interpreting their return values incorrectly. I really am quite desperate. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or anything I might try to get the login to work?

2. nbraid

nbraid

Sorry, code got chopped off. should continue debug.OnExecConnected(); after the last <<

Again, would appreciate any help.

3. nbraid

nbraid

Sorry, the code was chopped off. Should read
    Code:
    debug.OnExecConnected();

after the last <<.

4. SAFIN

SAFIN

Hey

The API will only connect when Laser is not currently connected.

If you have Laser open, you should close it. Also there are several demos which one are you using? Im using c#