Genesis API and custom software

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by tntneo, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Well, write a .NET web service and connect it to broker API. The only problem is that your ASPX code should check for execution reports from time to time.

#51     Oct 31, 2005
  2. i love genesis software i don't trade with them but the firm i work for clears threw them. they provide great software and tech support

#52     Oct 31, 2005
  3. Genesis != futures
    :(

#53     Oct 31, 2005
  4. #54     Oct 31, 2005
  5. Having read some good things about the Genesis API I was going to try and implement an automated trading system with them in C++ after Christmas. I emailed them a couple of times asking about the more advanced API but never got a reply.

If anyone has the more advanced API, would d it be possible for someone to upload their more advanced API somewhere so I could have a lot at what it offers?

My programming experience is all C++ but mostly with proprietary APIs on UNIX in work and some DirectX game programming for fun. I know very little about WIN32 and COM, no MFC and no .NET. Based on that I’d be interested to hear from someone familiar with the Genesis APIs which one that think would be best for me.

Thanks for the help.

#55     Dec 12, 2005
  6. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

what don't u call serge directly.
    don't use email, use the phone.
    cheers

#56     Dec 12, 2005
  7. Whats the best way to place a basket order of, say, 50 orders simultaneously into Laser. Using the Excel link, i tried to set the "ready" field of all 50 orders to "yes" simultaneously, but only managed to fire off the first order in the column. Thanks in advance.

#57     Dec 13, 2005
  8. I finally had a proper look at the API and documentation and example program today and it seems to provide everything I need. I’d been terrified to look at it after seeing a lot of references to MFC and .NET in this thread but I was pleased to find it wasn’t required and it’s all very simple. I have absolutely no interest in MFC and .NET so I'm relieved to be able to continue avoiding them.

Since it gives me everything I need I’ll just use the basic API, though it would have been nice to have a look what extra the advanced API offered. Really though it’s ridiculous that you have to phone someone to ask them to email you something. How long could it possibly for them to hit “reply” then “attach” then “send.” Oh well...

#58     Dec 13, 2005
  9. you are submitting from the "order sheet," but you have to do it from the "quotes" sheet.

#59     Dec 13, 2005
  10. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

the simple API changes everything indeed. no MFC etc.

however, don't get fooled, high end applications, specially hosted ones are using the very sophisticated API.

#60     Dec 13, 2005