Genesis API and custom software

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by tntneo, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Thank you Stephen.
    nononsense

#41     Jun 29, 2005
  2. Hi . This is probably a very basic question judging from the expertise of the posters on this thread which is why I am raising it here. I have programmed auto trading systems in REDI and Sterling using activeX order objects and events to capture order cancellation, fills,etc. It would be something like

order.symbol="IBM"
    order.price= 80
    order.send

I looked at the documentation of the Genesis API in their site and cant make heads or tail of where to even start.

1. Are there sample codes to fire of an order ticket that Genesis provides?
    2. Can it be done in VB 6?
    3. Can an order be loaded and sent thru Excel?
    4. Would I have to learn another language other than VBA/VB? What would it be.
    The auto system would probably fire off 10 orders per min at most with a 10-60 min time frame so it would not be dependent on super fast executions . Thanks

#42     Sep 24, 2005
  3. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

#43     Sep 24, 2005
  4. Hi. Been trying out Laser and its excel link and was wondering if the Genesis experts can help me out. I need to get open positions into Excel. I can't find it on the video manuals and their sample XL workbook has a sheet called quotes with data fields in there such as open,hi,lo,last,etc. How do you insert an "open position " column there so that trader knows his open position for that ticker. In addition, how do you remove unwanted data fields so it does not get transferred into excel.

Thanks

#44     Sep 29, 2005
  5. bump...

#45     Sep 29, 2005
  6. Hi,

we support Genesis API in QuantDeveloper. The feed part is already there and the execution part will be available in the next release (next week hopefully). Also, a COM interop will be available in the next release, so that you will be able to write

order.Symbol = "IBM";
    order.OrdType = OrdType.Limit;
    order.Price = 25;
    order.Qty = 100;

order.Send();

... in QD IDE, MSVS C#, c++, VB/NET or directly in Excel VBA.

Cheers,
    Anton

#46     Oct 1, 2005
  7. Hi,

I am new to Programing API's. I have some programing experience in languages like LOGO and Turing. :) I just recently started using visually C++ v6.0. I am trying to program an API to do automatic Trading for me (mainly opening orders on like 20 big cap stocks on NYSE that I look at) and was wondering if anyone has some sample code to get me started.

Any basic stuff will do ie, Load the API, Log in, get the quote, send an order. I am programing it in MFC.

Any help would greatly be appreciated or a link to a website that might have something like this.

Thank you
    Happy Trading
    Mike

#47     Oct 28, 2005
  8. karsat

karsat

Hi Guys,
    I want to have my own Web server, and webpage as a front end
    and do order processing, can I do that ?
    any ideas?
    Let me know

#48     Oct 28, 2005
  9. Yes, you can. What's the problem ? :)

#49     Oct 30, 2005
  10. karsat

karsat

Can you please send me detail on how to start
    thank u very much

#50     Oct 30, 2005