Generic

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traderjimbo, Jan 29, 2003.

1. hans130

hans130

Pointdirex provides all three.

#11     Feb 1, 2003
  2. jorges

jorges

I am with PointDirex also and they do provide all three.

#12     Feb 1, 2003
  3. nitro

Generic is a proprietary firm along the lines of Worldco, ETG, etc.
    Their retail arm is Carlin Equities, and the umbrella company is Carlin Financial Group.

#13     Feb 3, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

Thanks for all the replies and clarification. I thought I was up to date on this stuff, but I am clearly not.

The pace at which the industry is moving towards capturing professional, retail, and proprietary traders under one "roof" is by the likes of Generic, Pointdirex, Greentree, Shoenfeld, Andover etc, etc, is astonishing.

These could be interesting times and a terrific opportunity for those of us that are willing to venture...

nitro

#14     Feb 3, 2003
  5. speedy

speedy

Generic uses SLK for clearing. Self clearing firms obviously have cost savings advantages.

#15     Feb 3, 2003
  6. jorges

jorges

Self clearing firms may have cost saving advantages but this may not be the case across the board. A broker dealer who does good volume will generally have a good deal with its clearing firm. In my case, my rate is as good if not better than self clearing firms.

#16     Feb 3, 2003
  7. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

carlin is full of sheisters and shady crooks...

#17     Feb 22, 2003
  8. please elaborate....

#18     Feb 22, 2003
  9. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

the owner is involved more lawsuits than a D.A... and only cares about making money for himself any way he can...

#19     Feb 22, 2003
  10. rob1799

rob1799

I got this offer from Generic NYC and I am wondering what the real deal is. No money down, 60% pay out, mentorship, they pay for licenses. Once I start earning I have to amass 25K then my payout raises, fees go down (not sure where they start, have to talk to the guy today)

Some ppl are bashing Generic, some are not... I have no money to put down and I am trying to get a foot in the door here. Could I get some advice on if it's a good idea to start with them? Will I learn how to trade? Will I be able to make a living within 6 months?

#20     Mar 4, 2003