Generic Trading?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mentorgen, May 23, 2006.

1. Thank you all for your help.
    I have tried having someone call the compliance department a few times but it seems that they are always away.
    Will let all of you know of any updates.

#21     May 23, 2006
  2. Hi Don,

I'm not sure about that. But I do know after calling their office that Carlin seems to be the parent company, because they said they handle all Generic related matters.

#22     May 23, 2006
  3. Surdo

Surdo

Don :
    Please read the website, instead of guessing .
    Carlin formed Generic.

He should also not be speaking to them without a lawyer at this point.

#23     May 23, 2006
  4. According to NASD:

CRD# 31295
    CARLIN EQUITIES, LLC

LEGAL STATUS

This section details the brokerage firm's legal status (i.e, corporation, limited partnership, etc.), state or country where formed, date of formation, and the month the brokerage firm's fiscal year ends.

Legal Status LIMITED
    State/Country of Formation DE
    Date of Formation 01/26/2005
    Fiscal Year End DEC
    ---------------------------

Formed in 2005...Generic has been around for 15 years or more (Ron Sheer and Co.)...

But as I said, things change...and I think speaking to the owners makes sense.

Don

#24     May 23, 2006
  5. don isn't carlin a very reputable company? they clear through slk like you correct?

#25     May 23, 2006
  6. Generic/CArlin have always been solid "friendly competitors" ...yes.

To be clear, I haven't seen or heard much from them the last couple of years, so I'm a bit at a loss about the overall business structure at this point.

Don

#26     May 23, 2006
  7. I've called Carlin's compliance department a few times already and no one picks up.
    Anyone have any other suggestions?

#27     May 24, 2006
  8. Whoever is the licensed member of the Firm should call their manager to set up a time to speak to Compliance....if they don't have a manager, that's a whole different problem. There has to be some line of communication.

Don

#28     May 24, 2006
  9. Lol there is a very easy way out of it.

Tell him to trade like a wildman to the point where they will pay HIM $25k to leave.

#29     May 24, 2006
  10. Surdo

Surdo

I bet Don Bright will finance the $25K if he opens an account at BT! Just kidding Don, I do respect your wisdom, despite your Guerrilla marketing techniques!

#30     May 24, 2006