generic strategies

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by kotika, Oct 3, 2005.

1. mokomo

mokomo

I don't think anyone was talking about whether the strategies were effective or not. A generic strategy is merely a class of strategy. It is not an actual strategy.

It is funny that you misunderstand the context of this discussion, yet you still made your argument so forcefully.

Your confident dogmatic approach makes you sound very knowledgable though.

#41     Jan 18, 2006
  2. Here is a link to a trading wiki that tries to provide some boundaries for a discussion like this one.

http://wiki.finantic.de/HomePage

Feel free to add, criticize, whatever...(no it's not mine). :)

#42     Jan 18, 2006
  3. You have to understand trend fader a little to know why he doesn't understand you.TF is a classic example of a person without a foundation. He denied himself any ability to reason early on. Read his posts after the first 20 going on up to about the 130th.

Your combo strategy is very adroit and gives you a high money velocity because you are, in effect, riding two differing frequency waves at the same time.

#43     Jan 18, 2006
  4. Prevail

Prevail Guest

At this point, all mean reversion. I like winning more times than not.

#44     Jan 18, 2006

5. Now we all know why so many people exit early; They have a mean aversion after entering a mean reversion.

I can just see you sitting there artfully entering at the beginning of a reversion and riding it all the way to reverse into the next reversion, etc, etc......

#45     Jan 18, 2006
  6. Prevail

Prevail Guest

What amazing eyes you must have.

#46     Jan 18, 2006
  7. Jack got those trained doing NLP.

#47     Jan 18, 2006