Generic CBOE/CBSX firms vs generic Canadian firms and the winner is

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cactus_trader, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Ive seen it first hand though with a good friend/colleague of mine. the process was a breeze. A basic contract, wiring instructions and the trader was live within a week and has taken withdraws as well.

also I am not going to name firm names etc

#11     Dec 5, 2010
  2. Correction: It is "SIPC" and not "SPIC". From the site, SIPC.org:

When SIPC gets Involved

"When a brokerage firm is closed due to bankruptcy or other financial difficulties and customer assets are missing, SIPC steps in as quickly as possible and, within certain limits, works to return customers' cash, stock and other securities, and other customer property. Without SIPC, investors at financially troubled brokerage firms might lose their securities or money forever or wait for years while their assets are tied up in court."

Of course, this pertains to RETAIL accounts, not a CBSX prop. The irony is that all CBSX firms pay into a SIPC account, yet the firm's Class B members are NOT covered by this insurance, probably since they are not considered "customer accounts" but rather members of the firm. Go figure.

#12     Dec 6, 2010
  3. JamesL

JamesL

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the dominant trading platform for Canadian firms the ubiquitous Sterling that has, shall we say, issues, especially with all those overseas traders jamming the same servers? Are there any true alternative platforms for Canadian firms?

#13     Dec 6, 2010
  4. Hello cactus_trader,

These are the type of posts that are very helpful in my opinion. Thank you for taking the time to do some research.

Can you please tell me the top 3 Canadian Prop firms that I should take a look at..feel free to list more than 3 or less. I'm looking for a Prop firm right now.

My main problem with Canadian prop firms are their cheesy websites and lack of contact info. I just rubs me the wrong way. I need to have confidence in whatever firm I select. I know some of the Canadian Prop firms suck at following-up to even the most basic questions.

Please name some names...thanks....

#14     Dec 30, 2010
  5. Kobran

Kobran

I'm in the search for the same thing, hard to find a decent company in Canada. Shame

Let me know if you find anything..

Happy new year

#15     Dec 30, 2010