Generation Limbo

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Those with real Degrees.

The Era of Fluff degrees is dead. Art degree will not cut it.

#11     Sep 2, 2011
  2. morganist

morganist Guest

There may be a lot of jobs but if you look at the number of applicants there are far more candidates.

Most jobs have tens to hundreds of applicants.

#12     Sep 2, 2011
  3. I'm 37. I've not seen many cycles.

Did you ever see this much leveraged debt?

#13     Sep 2, 2011
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

No not even before the great depression.

#14     Sep 2, 2011
  5. My other post was a little too gloomy. Sure, there are current graduates that will never be accountants or engineers. There is not much of a market for them now and when the economy revives, employers will hire those fresh out of college. What happens is that the under employed become bartenders and such and if they like the work a lot of them end up owning a bar. Neccesity is a great motivator. I've known accountants, hell I was one for a while. Aside from a very few niches it is a horribly dull job for horribly dull people. There is a world of opportunity in the USA today. Many do not realise it yet but perhaps the best thing that will happen for many out of work graduates is that they did not get the corporate gig.

#15     Sep 2, 2011
  6. There are not a lot of opportunities...absolute bullshit.

The Real Unemployment number is not 23%, not fucking 9.1 as the bullshit artist try an push.

Very few states, Texas being one, has jobs. But the Texas Unemployment rate just rose as well. So, even the JOB state is starting to feel the truth.

Bottom line....Revolution is coming, regardless if you believe or not.

The hardest hit, Black Males have the highest unemployment followed by Latin and then Young People.

Nothing is going to change the course at this moment. We have very little industry.

So, just be ready in what ever way you decided to prepare. Or, stick your head in the sand and say, it can never happen here.

Good luck.

#16     Sep 2, 2011
  7. FYI,

Careerbuilder and Monster.com Recycle job listings and post "Fake Listings" to pad their bottom line. PERIOD.

You will see multiple listings for the same company every month.

I have been tracking this as a friend of mine brought it to my attention.

My private equity team is brain storming a way to create a match making site with job seekers and companies..... for the net. Both careerbuilder and monster are useless. Ladders seems to be the best model...so far as is Doostang. Very few IT jobs on those sites.

#17     Sep 2, 2011
  8. This is one of the unwritten reasons for QE---permanent loss of human capital.

#18     Sep 2, 2011
  9. sumfuka

sumfuka

Believe it or not. The world seem to have ran out of engineers. Universities are only interested in producing certificates, and corporations are only interested in sub-contracting the work out. In the mean time the pay rate for engineers hasn't improved a bit and they're expected to work twice as hard. So why would they want to achieve anything? :confused:

#19     Sep 2, 2011
  10. so, in us will start developing new cars. And you will compete against a chinese engineers doing same thing for 6k a year. Dot say he is poor as costs are much lower so he may be better off than us worker on 80k.

And then you have these investment bankers storm companies, sack, break, rob, sell etc, and pool of skills is reset.

only global brands will survive this. Look chinese only buy mercedes and bmw. If they dont want show off will go for unnamed chinese one.

#20     Sep 3, 2011