General Motors

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stockcapo, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

NEVER will again.

#11     Apr 19, 2011
  2. olias

olias

why not root for them to turn it around? I think it would be a good thing to see GM a strong company putting out quality cars. I know I'm rooting for them.

I bought a Saturn in '07 and that car has kicked ass. No issues whatsoever, even with my poor maintenance habits.

I'm not targeting you, but I have an issue with folks who say the likes of 'don't buy GM crap', because really, it's dishonest. People that say that don't know wtf they are talking about. They want to pretend that they are experts on the quality of car that Detroit is producing. They look like fools to me.

check this: "GM, Ford Top Imports in Latest J.D. Power Quality Survey
    By David Schepp Posted 4:39PM 06/17/10 Company News, Honda Motor Co, Ford Motor Co, Toyota, General Motors, Autos

Comments Text Size A A A
    Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream
    After trailing Asian automakers for more than two decades, U.S. companies, led by Ford Motor (F) and General Motors, zoomed past their foreign competition in the latest survey measuring quality of new cars and trucks.

For the first time in 24 years, J.D. Power Initial Quality Study showed that owners of domestic makes reported fewer problems on average during the first 90 days of ownership than drivers of foreign cars and trucks, the California-based industry research group said Thursday."

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/06/17/gm-ford-top-imports-in-latest-j-d-power-quality-survey/

#12     Apr 19, 2011
  3. olias

olias

please...

#13     Apr 19, 2011
  4. BwPirt

BwPirt

Agreed.

#14     Apr 19, 2011
  5. olias

olias

I suppose this business of rooting against GM is largely because people hate the fact that we bailed them out.

I hate the bailouts in principle also, but I think it was the lesser of two evils. Unemployment is sky high now. Imagine if we lost the auto industry. Seriously.

#15     Apr 19, 2011
  6. piezoe

piezoe

I'm rooting for them, of course. I love competition. I'm neutral on the issue of bailing them out. (I'm opposed to socializing corporate risk, but I weigh that against the dire consequences of a failure of a very large corporation.) I'm not buying their cars, because iv'e had better service from Japanese and German cars than I have from GM cars, and I've owned them all. ("first time in 24 years", pretty much says it all.)

#16     Apr 19, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I do too, but they're going to have to do it without my money.

#17     Apr 19, 2011
  8. Yep.... It was being touted as such a great ipo hahaha.

You have to be a bigger idiot to buy the stock than even the cars.

#18     Apr 19, 2011
  9. test

haven't been here in 10 years so wanted to see my register date

(ok it says 2002 - but I had a different name during the 90s)

#19     Apr 19, 2011
  10. 2011 model...so much for rebuilding consumer confidence in the new gm brand. That’s some brilliant quality control!

#20     Apr 19, 2011