General Eric Shinseki - Chief of Staff

Discussion in 'Politics' started by waggie945, Apr 7, 2004.

1. To "resist" doesn't have to mean resist with violence. But yes, we probably will try to kill every "resister" who shoots at us. And I'd also like to know what they are resisting.

Your words, not mine, and I disagree with them.

#11     Apr 8, 2004
  2. Saham

Saham

"Political in nature?"

Well now, Mr. Paranoid Half Thinking Delusional... Person, *ahem* (sorry I couldn't better on that one, guys), since you are running scared from talking about Deities here, then back up your political statement with some firepower.

Let's see what you got, boy.

Question: WHY would al-Sadr fight "the American infidel" over politics?

I just had a cup of coffee, it's 1:02AM ... I'll be here awhile trading forex. Let's see what you have to say since you took the trouble to post on me.

gsr

#12     Apr 8, 2004
  3. Saham

Saham

You'd like to know what they are resisting?

From what I gather, the sentiment on the street is that, yes, they are glad Saddam is gone, but they want the occupation gone now too. After all, it IS their freekin country.

And that ain't happening.

Instead the occupation keeps killing them with bombs and bullets.

They may not understand why, but they don't like it.

Some of them are fighting. Some of them are crazy. Some of them are praying. Some of them are being killed ongoing at the hands of the occupation troops. Some of them are criminals. Some of them are drug dealers. Some of them are gay. Some of them probably want to be the next President. Some of them probably think they are "God." Some of them probably are suicidal. Some of them want to be soldiers. Some of them want to be doctors, lawyers, plumbers. Some of them want to be bums! Some of them want to be movie stars. Some of them probably don't know what time of day it is. Some of them may not give a flying ****.

What is the big deal??

And what is the difference between them and the population of ANY city in America?

gsr

#13     Apr 8, 2004
  4. Gee, I didn't realize you were so touchy.

Hardly running scared. Scared of what? You? Hilarious.

My point is why should I (a non-Muslim) debate Allah in this context with you? I'm not an expert on Islam, are you? I do know, however, that Islam is a fragmented religion with various sects and beliefs. Your interpretation of Allah may be very different from another person's. BUT, since you've dragged the concept of Allah into this, why has al-Sistani supported the coalition presence? And FYI, al-Sistani is the Shi'ite spiritual leader of Iraq. Al-Sadr, to my knowledge, has no official Islamic standing and did not complete his training at the Hawzah.

You don't think al-Sadr has a political motivation? Why then did his followers murder Ayatollah Abdul Majid al-Khoei, another Islamic cleric? You don't think that was a political incident? And gee, I wonder how al-Khoei's interpretation of Allah differed from al-Sadr's. Oh yeah, an Iraqi judge has issued an arrest warrant for al-Sadr. That probably doesn't have anything to do with his resisting the coalition now, does it?

"Boy"? Wow, you really are emotional, aren't you? It is obvious that instead of rational discourse, you prefer to merely argue for the sake of arguing and to spew anti-Bush rhetoric. A lot of other ETers do it a lot better than you, my friend. You should leave it to them; their posts are far more entertaining to read than yours.

Maybe you need to lay off the coffee, or perhaps switch to decaffeinated.

As for taking the trouble to post on you, well, in retrospect it really hasn't been worth my time.

p.s. I'm glad you researched Tet instead of just taking some senator's word on it. It would behoove you to do further research instead of just running your mouth off and making grand, sweeping statements with little basis in fact.

#14     Apr 8, 2004
  5. "They." "Them."

The only "they" and "them" that we're fighting and killing and that want us out are the Saddam loyalists and al-Sadr's tiny militia.

Hardly the majority of Iraqis.

Shiite Arabs in Iraq generally do not support attacks against coalition forces, according to a nationwide poll of Iraqis.

Shiites are less likely than Sunnis to say the invasion of Iraq was wrong – by about 30%.

And only one in 10 Shiites say attacks on coalition forces are acceptable, compared with three in 10 Sunni Arabs and seven in 10 Sunnis in the Anbar province.

The poll of 2,737 Iraqis was conducted by Oxford Research International for ABC News, the BBC, the German network ARD and the Japanese network NHK.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=26474525&p=z64747yz

#15     Apr 8, 2004
  6. msfe

msfe

The After-Effects of Tet

The Tet Offensive and Khe Sanh may well have reminded Johnson and Westmoreland of the Duke of Wellington's dictum:

"If there's anything more melancholy than a battle lost, it's a battle won". ...

http://www.vwam.com/vets/tet/tet.html

#16     Apr 8, 2004
  7. Saham

Saham

"BUT, since you've dragged the concept of Allah into this, why has al-Sistani supported the coalition presence?"

Iraqi cleric condemns US handling of Shiite uprising. Really sounds like he supports it, Mr. Enlightened.
    ___

"And FYI, al-Sistani is the Shi'ite spiritual leader of Iraq. Al-Sadr, to my knowledge, has no official Islamic standing and did not complete his training at the Hawzah."

He didn't have to. His father was a highly esteemed spiritual leader, al-Sadr is progeny. Progeny counts.
    ___

"Why then did his followers murder Ayatollah Abdul Majid al-Khoei, another Islamic cleric?"

Well, Mr. Death Wish, there IS such a thing as a fair trial to establish the PROOF of such things. Otherwise, "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

You still haven't given your reasons/excuses for your first political statement. Is this perhaps because you have your head up your ass? Nothing personal.
    ___

"It would behoove you to do further research instead of just running your mouth off and making grand, sweeping statements with little basis in fact."

Making grand, sweeping statements with little basis in fact makes the world go round, freek.
    ___

"As for taking the trouble to post on you, well, in retrospect it really hasn't been worth my time."

Really? I always thought guys like you needed something to do other than whack your pud. Guess I was wrong.

gsr

#17     Apr 8, 2004
  8. Saham

Saham

Well at least we've established that you can copy/paste news stories.

gsr

#18     Apr 8, 2004
  9. FEAR AND AWE!!!

#19     Apr 8, 2004
  10. Fool. Opposing the "handling" of the Shiite uprising is not tantamount to opposing the presence of coalition troops.

Give me a break. Progeny does not count for everything. Al-Sadr followers are a very small minority among the Shi'ite population.

Yes, and OJ was innocent, too. And oh, I suppose that Iraqi JUDGE who issued the warrant has no legitimacy?

I laid it out very clearly. You simply choose not to answer the questions, either out of ignorance or cowardice. Probably both.

Hilarious! Okay, so a poll conducted by 4 major international news organizations is less accurate than your unmentioned sources, or do you just pick random thoughts out of your rectum or from your unnamed senator whose word you took on Tet and later admitted was wrong?

Perhaps in your pathetic misguided world. Most rational people think before they speak. Try it some time, if you can.

You're obviously wrong about many things. Just accept it - you're a moron. (nothing personal). :D

#20     Apr 8, 2004