general background for this board ????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by andrasnm, Aug 11, 2001.

1. chisel

chisel

39, B.S. in Finance.

I farmed with my granddad from when I was 13 until I was 23. No full time work experience (I refuse to wear a suit to work!) other than that and doing some carpentry during the summer breaks from college.

Floor trader from age 25-38. Trading from home now.

#81     Oct 14, 2002
  2. 31 College grad. Trader and alerts software maker

#82     Oct 14, 2002
  3. KB96

KB96

25, No collage, former welder/fabricator/chassis engineer for nascar race team. Decided I needed a life other than racing 24/7. Now I race for a hobby and its much more fun :D Trading for the last year and a half part time (swing-options). Full time futures trader for the last 4 1/2 months.....Break even to slightly positive, but digging HARD!

#83     Oct 14, 2002
  4. 26, finance PhD.

#84     Oct 15, 2002
  5. Mr. DNA

Mr. DNA

36, Computer Networking Consultant, IT Certification Junkie,
    B.M. in Jazz Comp from Berklee [1988] Bop Guitarist.

I got into trading because it felt so much like jazz improv. in study and in execution. I like to study Pring and Victor N. for days at a time without trading. I trade on Thursdays.

My training to trading ratio is about 70/30.

My fave posters are:

aphex for burn and focus [Now here is a guy what I'd love to know what kid of bread he's pulling down. ]
    GG for honesty
    Martin Wienberg in the thread "On music and Trading and Art"
    Candletrader and Oldtrader in Why Johnny can't trade.

I got myself made for johnny on that 10 cent scalping dialog.
    I get stopped out a lot but I don't lose much principal any more.

#85     Oct 15, 2002
  6. 23. Little college. Joined the Air Force to figure out what I want to do... decided I'm gonna be a trader.

Andy

#86     Oct 15, 2002
  7. Amkeer

Amkeer

Background in Construction, Real Estate and high end, woodworking, furniture. Some junior college for business and schooling in real estate and woodworking.

I have been trading for 23 months and discipline has prevented me from being profitable. Will be profitable soon! Trading part time now will go back full time within 6 months.

35 married with a beautiful 4.5 year old daughter and one child on the way in 5 months.:) :) :)

#87     Oct 15, 2002
  8. tampa

tampa

Have you ever talked to John Lennon for three hours over breakfast? I have.

Have you ever been homeless, and slept on a park bench for three months? (Second bench, junkies row, Washington Square) I have.

Have you ever signed a seven-figure employment contract? I have.

Have you ever been forced into bankruptcy? I have.

Have you ever listened to Larry King rip you a new one, live on the air? I have.

Have you ever gotten sloshed with Rush Limbaugh in a local bar? I have.

Have you ever gotten up one morning, thinking that the world was just fine, but lost your wife, your best friend, your family, and your home all before the sun went down? I have.

Have you ever been on Crossfire, NightLine, and the NBC Nightly News? I have.

Have you ever had part of your foot amputated? I have.

Have you ever had a knock down, drag out argument with Jerry Garcia? I have.

Have you ever had your car repossessed, your phone shutoff, and been evicted from your apartment? I have.

Have you ever been the inspiration for the main character in a major motion picture? I have.

Have you ever gone blind in one eye? I have.

Have you ever been offered a five year, no cut deal by one of the three networks? I have.

Have you ever cheated on your wife, then nearly gone out of your mind when you discovered that she cheated on you? I have.

Have you ever been mentioned in “Page Six”. I have.

Have you ever been good friends with a disgraced televangelist? I have.

Did you ever spend the evening talking to David Duke? I have.

Did you ever sing a chorus of “Alice’s Restaurant” with Arlo? I have. (Just for the record, he told me that I would have to sing a lot louder if I wanted to end the war.)

Have you ever startled an entire theater full of people, then made them laugh, then made them shed real tears, all in the course of an hour? I have.

Have you ever called a rodeo, a major league ball game, and shared a stage with J. Giles? I have.

Have you ever lost $14,000 in one morning, trading corn futures? I have.

Have you ever refereed a professional wrestling match? I have.

Have you ever been tried for burglary? I have.

Have you ever overdosed on amphetamines? I have.

Have you ever done more than 100 Acid trips? I have.

Have you ever made love to a person of a different race? I have.

Have you ever been over to Jerry Wexler’s house? (Co-founder of Atlantic Records) I have.

Have you ever had one of your photographs published on the front page of every major newspaper in the country? I have.

Have you ever testified against your own father at a child custody hearing? I have.

Have you ever called the draft board, and told them” I’m not going? I have.

Have you ever had a two page feature on you published in one of the country’s top ten papers? I have.

Have you ever been stood up bt Emmy Lou Harris? I have.

Have you ever gone more than five months in the market, in the black? I haven’t, and it’s likking me...

Does that pretty much answer the question?

#88     Oct 15, 2002
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

You must be made of steel.....

#89     Oct 15, 2002
  10. ddefina

ddefina

Wow tampa, you like both ends of the extremes. Seeing how you hooked up with the "disgraced" televangelist--did you meet him at a bar too?

Give us some more hints :)

#90     Oct 15, 2002