general background for this board ????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by andrasnm, Aug 11, 2001.

1. 36, played music for a living (classical guitar), graphic design, and work for the family business (import-export)

Have dabbled in futures and done research as a serious hobbyist for 4 years. i finally found something I'm happy with and has a very good positive expectancy and i'm looking to build my account up over the next couple of years and trade full time.

#71     Oct 14, 2002
  2. 25. full time intraday trader (year and a bit). bummed around in college for a couple of years (computer science 1year/ finance the next), never learnt a thing (biggest regret, idiot!)..

damn, everyone has such cool pre-trading stories... i'm gonna be 50 and someone will ask me what have u done in your life? and i'll say i've been a trader and that's pretty much it... hmm...

worked in sales for the only jobs i've ever had.. then had my own used car business ( the "m" in daniel_m stands for "mouth" :D)... if my fortunes do a swift about face on me and i flunk out as a trader, there's not doubt i going back to car sales... (nothing easier than selling the dream to Joey Sixpack ...)

#72     Oct 14, 2002
  3. Daniel,

I will not let you fail. I'm rooting for you.

#73     Oct 14, 2002
  4. lescor

lescor

33 yrs old, wife, 2 kids. Went to a community college to become an EMT and spent 10 years as a firefighter/paramedic. Ran a business on the side and traded part-time for about 7 years (almost none of it profitably) before going full time in January.

#74     Oct 14, 2002
  5. 24, been trading since age 3.

#75     Oct 14, 2002
  6. doher

doher

46, wife and kid

teaching degree

law degree

practiced law 6 years -p/t

2.5 years of unprofitable trading

NihabaAshi - tells me I need a mentor -I'm like a baseball player who keeps striking out. Need a Charley Lau type trading instructor.

doher

#76     Oct 14, 2002
  7. Gordon,

What were you trading when you were 3??

#77     Oct 14, 2002
  8. MUChris

MUChris

22, graduated with a BS in Economics/Business. Worked as a stockbroker through school, and like someone else who posted earlier, I caught a case of the Conscience. Started trading about 3 months ago full time with Worldco.

#78     Oct 14, 2002
  9. Weasel

Weasel

38 yrs old, married with 2 kids. Finance degree and career retail broker since 1986. Taking the plunge into trading with Bright. I go to their training next week. Everyone thinks I'm nuts for doing this. Am I? I guess I'm going to find out.:D

#79     Oct 14, 2002
  10. jasonchr

jasonchr

I guess I'll help keep this thread going -

20 yrs. old - going to a local community college full time - getting an associates degree right now, but I'm thinking about pursuing a masters

played around with some Motley Fool/buy and hold strategies when I was 18 - but then I started reading some financial newsletters and started learning about things like options and daytrading - I've been reading as much as I can (including ET) now that I have a small amount to invest - it has definitely been an eye-opener for sure -

Jason C. Mauney

#80     Oct 14, 2002