general background for this board ????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by andrasnm, Aug 11, 2001.

1. rs7

rs7

Yes Aphie, how did you guess so quickly? Brilliant!

#111     Oct 15, 2002
  2. who?

#112     Oct 15, 2002
  3. Wow, you did ludes!

#113     Oct 15, 2002
  4. "Talk Radio" 1989.

I always understood that the character was drawn from Alan Berg. Or was it just the events?

#114     Oct 15, 2002
  5. #115     Oct 15, 2002
  6. gnome

gnome

Heard it was either Lillian Gish or Marilyn Chambers... he's not talking. :cool:

#116     Oct 15, 2002
  7. tampa

tampa

The film was a compilation of the book "Talked to Death". about Berg in Denver - and the play "Talk Radio", based on Gary Dee out of Cleveland.

Berg was dead, and Dee either was, or was just out of it by then (I forget)

They needed to study a smart ass, mean liberal talk show host, and that's what I was back then:)

#117     Oct 15, 2002
  8. :eek: :eek:

#118     Oct 16, 2002
  9. DT-waw

DT-waw

"He who thinks he knows, doesn't know. He who doesn't know, knows."
    There's a logic behind these words! No! Yes? :confused:
    :mad:

[​IMG]

ok let's forget about it :D

Don Bright: you post much here, write to TASC, manage your company... Certainly it can start to be boring at some point. Do you have any plans to do something completely different in your life? Same question for other members.

#119     Oct 16, 2002
  10. Oh man... you don't like my quote?? lol.

I can kinda explain how I perceive of that quote. A good example are highly intelligent people... such as doctors, lawyers, etc. Well it's kind of more of a stereotype, but many may see what I'm seeing with this... They think they know everything, especially finance, yet they don't.

Maybe another thing you have noticed here at this board is that there are a lot of supposed traders that know everything about trading. They boast about their knowledge, earnings, etc... yet they really don't know anything about trading. I think the ones at this board truly making money are the ones that are open minded and humble.

Another example is my supervisor. He does have a vast knowledge of military regulations, and because of his intelligence... I mean ego, he thinks he can make money playing in the market. I believe the one's that think they have to be right are the ones that lose in the market. I don't think he'll make it because his ego will get in the way.

my two cents...

But to admit.. I am not trading, I am not a super trader... probably could define me more of a wanna be... but then again everyone had to start somewhere, right? I begin next month though... for the second time. I guess you could say trading is a bit boring. Math is boring, but I enjoyed math when I was in school. What I'm going to do is take up hobbies that will provide that excitement in life. After the military I'm considering on getting a sports car, so I can race as an amateur for fun, and also get back into golf. I'd like to win the U.S. Amateur some day... :D

andy

#120     Oct 17, 2002