general background for this board ????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by andrasnm, Aug 11, 2001.

1. ddefina

ddefina

Guess you weren't joking about that? :(

Today's trading sucks, so I'm wasting time here. Need to get outdoors I guess.

#101     Oct 15, 2002
  2. Hell, I'm intrigued too....is all this for real?? I'd like to meet some time...

Made me think of a few "happenings" in my otherwise boring life. Let me give this a shot, just for fun:

I spent 2 hours in a 4 seater car with Ted Turner and Jane. listening to the Braves game, while the AM radio in my electric car kept fading in and out.

I helped spend some of Tom Hayden's settlement from Jane on electric cars and bikes and investments....great guy....

I went street drag racing in Burbank with the President of Disney (Frank Wells) and Mike Eisner, while I was in the car with David Zucker and Leslie Nielsen. Frank said "the Hell with the stop lights, let's go"...

I ditched out on a second invite to the Playboy mansion with Leslie (damn, damn, damn), for "business reasons" damn,damn, damn.

I surfed with the original "Matt Dillon" from Gunsmoke at San Onofre in the sixties. I stayed at Corky Carroll's (top surfer legend) cabin in Big Bear a few times.

I played guitar with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at McCabes guitar shop in Long Beach (alumni from Wilson High School).

I went to a couple of movie premier's with Pricilla Presley along with David and Jerry Zucker, and spent time at their ranch in Ojai.

Drove Jerry Brown to a couple of fund raisers in my electric car.

Followed Timothy Leary at a speaking engagement in S.F. (tough act to follow)....

Played golf in a foursome with Huey Lewis for charity in Marin County.

Spent the day with Neil Bush, 1 year after the "Silverado Savings" debacle.

Spent many weekends with Eric Nielsen, the (then) Deputy Prime Minister of Canada, Leslie's brother and EV advocate....

Played cards with Ed Begley Jr. and Danny DeVito during the filming of "Renassiance Man"...

Spent Easter week in Daytona with Leslie and Benny Hill and the Hawaiian Tropic finalists, on the beach with MTV.

Oh well, better stop now, and get back to my boring life here on ET

:D

Don

#102     Oct 15, 2002
  3. rs7

rs7

No, I actually know a guy with the initials SS who possibly could have done most of that stuff. I thought I had an interesting life, but nothing like Tampa's.

Me:

56 years old
    Widowed
    Remarried
    Traded on the floor of CBOE
    Broker for Merrill Lynch
    Day Trader for large firm
    Private money manager for small group
    Dated a famous movie star before she was a star.
    Owned a business in Aspen.
    Owned a business in NY.
    Arrested for draft evasion.
    Drafted
    Served
    Ski instructor in younger days
    Made and lost a lot of money a lot of times
    Father
    Stepfather
    College grad.
    Unfinished masters from Ivy League school.
    No idea what the future has in store
    Played guitar at the Fillmore East with the Allman Bros. (one song).
    Introduced Greg Allman to Cher (he later told me. don't remember. on qualuudes at the time).

(all above in no particular order)

#103     Oct 15, 2002
  4. rs7

rs7

And I had a regular poker game with Jimmy Fadden from the Dirt Band when we lived in Aspen. 6 Degrees from Don Bright:)

#104     Oct 15, 2002
  5. RS7,

Who did you date -- Judy Garland?

#105     Oct 15, 2002
  6. There you go, one big happy "cosmic" family from the sixties (which were really the seventies by the time we sobered up)....

:)

Don

#106     Oct 15, 2002
  7. doher

doher

who were the participants of the pro wrestling match u refereed?

doher

#107     Oct 15, 2002
  8. tampa

tampa

Yes Don, it's all true.

You see guys, many people have had all kinds of "interesting" things happen in their lives. They just don't see it that way because it's "normal" to them.

Now here are the two of you - real sticks in the mud - proving my point.

For a lot of the crap in my life, it was just a case of being at the right place at the right time.

John Lennon as an example. I was running a rinky-dink radio station in the USVI. He was down there for a custody hearing for Yoko's kid. He was staying at the same hotel that the station was in. He was bored, called the station, we got to talking, and he invited me up to his suite for breakfast. Never saw him again.

The rest is just what happens in life. You win some, you lose some...

#108     Oct 15, 2002
  9. tampa

tampa

It was a ten woman over the top rope elimination match. The main player was The Fabulous Mholah(sp?)

I walk in pain to this day from an injury sustained at the hands of the Fabulous One - and it was worth it:)

#109     Oct 15, 2002
  10. I agree with you, Tampa...life happens, and I've always taken everything "in stride"....I figure from "bar-rooms to board rooms"....I just try to be myself, and I have always done fine.

It may take until you start reflecting on your life before you realize that everything wasn't so bad after all.....

Not many things I would change (some, mind you, but not many)....

anyway, back to work...

Don

#110     Oct 15, 2002