Gene Weissman

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AJM, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Very sad!! He was great guy pleasure to work with. Will be really missed.

#21     Jul 24, 2003
  2. :(

:eek:

#22     Jul 24, 2003
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Seldom has the passing of someone I don't know personally caused me such grief. What a tragic loss.

#23     Jul 24, 2003
  4. This a terrible thing. Even though I did not know Gene Weissman, nor did I ever speak with him, I am touched by the sentiment expressed here. My condolences to all who knew him and especially his family.

Motorcycles are inherently dangerous. I stopped riding them 20 years ago. It doesn't matter how careful you are, one mistake by a car on the road and you can get killed.

#24     Jul 24, 2003
  5. yes, but the danger is part of thrill of riding them.

but to get back OT, how old was Gene? any1 know? i figure he was about middle age, correct me if I'm wrong.

I remember his excellent posts from a while back. He was a class guy. No, that's wrong. Gene IS a class guy.

regards,

triple

#25     Jul 24, 2003
  6. Not that I knew him personally, but from the beginning when I was learning how to trade he was ALWAYS around willing to answer questions about pretty much anything, and he would often take his own personal time to follow up via PM....

And he never wanted anything in return, he never offered to beat my current rates, only ever wanted to help another trader out, even someone as obnoxious as me, and expected absolutely nothing in return.

His passing is a real loss to this business and to elite trader.

My deepest condolences to his family. In life and death he did what he loved, and that is truly rare and truly admirable.

Does anyone know anything about contributing to a charity or even something as simple as sending a small note to his family??? Maybe someone who is savvy on this sort of thing could even set something up over ET (hint, hint moderators -- GW did a LOT for this site -- I don't mind doing it myself if someone could give me a link) for us who would like to let his family know how much he will be missed.

-b

#26     Jul 24, 2003
  7. AJM

AJM

I am waiting for the details regarding charitable contributions in Gene Weissman's name from his former partners and will post the information when I have it.

#27     Jul 24, 2003
  8. I had the pleasure of meeting Gene back in the fall of 2001 when I was looking at different firms.

From the second I walked in his office I felt like he was giving me 110% of his full attention. and like many have said...very professional, and a nice guy.

My deepest sympathies.

#28     Jul 24, 2003
  9. Urantian

Urantian

Wow, if only some of these kind words could be said at MY passing!! All the BEST to his many mourners.

#29     Jul 24, 2003
  10. nobody here is 'mourning'.

Gene was and is 'liberated'.
    death is not a negative, as Gene is 'free' now.

know what you are talking about b4 you post,

triple

#30     Jul 24, 2003