Gene Weissman

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AJM, Jul 23, 2003.

1. :(

#11     Jul 24, 2003
  2. Gene was an exceptional guy, one of the very few nice guys in this business. He will be greatly missed. :(

#12     Jul 24, 2003
  3. Although I only met Gene once in person, I can tell you that his reputation as a class act was understated.

Gene, I wish you Godspeed.

#13     Jul 24, 2003
  4. What a shock to come in late, check the elite trader posts and see that message about Gene. LWS was the first firm I traded with and Gene was my first real contact in trading. For the past 4 years I have known Gene and this was a tough thing for me to read. A testament to the fact is that although I am not currently trading with him, I sent him a few days ago an email asking him for some industry advice. Although we have not spoken for a few months, I knew he would come back with some valuable honest advice.

In fact I had thought something must have been up because I didn't receive his usual timely reply. Anyway, I am sure many of you know Gene better than I do, however, he coached me in a few very important times in my trading, and I always got the straight scoop.

I am proud to have known Gene for these past few years, he was a true straight shooter with me, and I am very sure he will be missed by those of you here as well. Best to his family, partners and friends.

#14     Jul 24, 2003
  5. the above quote pretty much sums it up, well said Jack.

#15     Jul 24, 2003
  6. H2O

H2O

My prayers are for him, his family and friends.

I would like to show my respect for all the good things he showed on this board.

#16     Jul 24, 2003
  7. I only knew Gene through these boards, but he was a genuinely nice man who went out of his way to help aspiring traders. He will be missed.

My condolences to his family and friends.

#17     Jul 24, 2003
  8. A wonderful person to have worked with, I'll miss his honesty and goodwill.

#18     Jul 24, 2003
  9. Andre

Andre

Working with him on the chat we did, he was professional in every way.
    How odd to know someone, work well with them, and then...

André

#19     Jul 24, 2003
  10. Wow what a terrible loss, when I first came to know of Elite over 2 years ago ........I really enjoyed his comments and obvious knowledge of the industry. I had not seen him post in the last few months and he will be missed.

God bless Gene's family in this time of grief.

rttrader/ John

#20     Jul 24, 2003