Gene Weissman

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AJM, Jul 23, 2003.

1. AJM

AJM

I regret to inform everyone of the recent passing of Gene Weissman. Gene passed away last week from apparent complications related to surgery he had as a result of a motorcycle accident several weeks ago.

I had the pleasure of knowing and working with Gene for many years and can only say what a great person he was.

Professionally, Gene had a genuine love of this business and unselfishly gave his knowledge, wisdom, and experience to all who sought it. Personally, Gene was a caring individual who always found a way to see the positive aspects in situations no matter how negative they seemed.

Gene will be deeply missed and fondly remembered by those who were lucky enough to know him.

AJM

2. :eek: :( :( :(

3. Banjo

Banjo

That's really sad to hear, he was a class act.

4. My condolences to his family ...

5. omcate

omcate

Sad news .........

:( :( :( :( :( :(

6. nitro

nitro

A loss to us all - Gene was a kind soul.

My condolences to his family and to all that survive him...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

7. Do you have any information regarding a place the family designated to make a donation in his memory or do you know of his favorite charity?

I would like to make a donation in his memory as he helped me with a listening ear at an important point in my development as a trader. This happened despite the fact that I was not working at his firm. He generously gave me advice that proved invaluable. He will be missed.

8. This is really a shock. Just last week, I had mentioned that he was one of my favorite contributors to Elite Trader, even though he had visited the site less and less over the past year. I agree that he was a genuinely warm hearted person who shared his knowledge and wisdom freely and without reservation. Very sad news indeed...

9. I did not know Gene personally, but whenever he responded to any of the threads on this site, he was very professional, and handled himself with class, never giving into the petty squabbles that took place, instead tried to give positive feedback. My condolences to his family.

10. reg

reg

Rest In Peace Gene.
    My condolences to his family.

#10     Jul 24, 2003