GEM 19" for $299

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thar054, Dec 16, 2004.

1. thar054

thar054

2. robbob

robbob

I bought this monitor a few weeks ago, and its been great so far. Beware of the rebate though! The fine print says that it must be postmarked within 14 days of the PURCHASE DATE. I didn't realize this when I bought it, and the monitor took 10 days to get to me from the time I ordered it around thanksgiving. Needless to say, I mailed out the rebate about 2 days too late. We'll see if they honor it though. If not I'll send a letter to the Washington state AG and eCost.

-rob

3. ecost is good, legit. bot stuff from them. got rebate back. and also i got my freeipod from them too.

i wouldn't buy non name brand LCD's, for the sake of quality.

buy quality, cry only once.

4. Moreagr

Moreagr

i am also thinking about purchasing one of those to. to bad it was $279 about a month ago. they raised the prices on it for the holidays i think.

5. hcour

hcour Guest

Whoa, good deal. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm buying one tomorrow, fer shure.

Harold

6. opm8

opm8

For what it's worth, I've owned a GEM 19" CRT monitor (note: not an LCD) for about 3 years now and the quality's been great. I don't have a single complaint. In fact I wanted to buy two more but they don't make this particular model anymore so I had to buy another brand.

--opm8

7. balda

balda

8. I have 8 19' Gems, one is starting to give problems after 2 yrs of continuous use. Also have 2 19' Sceptres as listed in the TigerDirect link. Better visual quality than Gem's.

9. babe714

babe714

#10     Dec 17, 2004