Gekko, can you prove...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Malestrom, Feb 25, 2004.

1. If it suits you to kill the ant, would you?

#21     Feb 26, 2004
  2. i have to admit i have an aversion to killing (i dont know where it comes from) but considering the conditions you've set i can see no good reason not to if it serves my purpose..

does this make me a bad man?

:eek:

#22     Feb 26, 2004
  3. Hey, as long as your honest.

#23     Feb 26, 2004
  4. More matter, eh? Let me ask you Aphie; why is it soooo necessary to conceptualize and label everything? Does it make it more real if we break things down and stick them into a neat little box?

#24     Feb 26, 2004
  5. Allow me to rephrase the question through a hypothetical scenario. It might clear things up.

Gekko and another man have become stranded on a remote pacific island with little hope of rescue. Gekko is still in good health possessing all of his mental and physical faculties.
    The other man, however, is far weaker due to an injury but his life is not at all threatened. This man is gruff, obnoxious, rude and the food supply is getting dangerously low.
    Gekko, can you provide a logical reason, without appealing to emotion, for not killing him?

-[M]

#25     Feb 26, 2004
  6. Turok

Turok

Aphex:
    >Setting aside laws of the state and assuming no
    >punishment from the state will result when killing
    >another man, why should a man refrain from killing
    >another man?

>Is this legit?

It's certainly not a difficult question for me to answer.

I have simply decided that I will try my best to treat others how I feel I would deserve to be treated given their situation. Killing is a clear violation of that moral position.

JB

#26     Feb 26, 2004
  7. Face it, Gekko would have him medium-rare before sundown while eatting his fingers as if they were chicken wings. Then Gekko would perch himself up against a nice tall tree and break out his laptop, look for a wireless connection and spout off more of his atheistic rants on ET while awaiting for a rescue ship to come.

I'm sure Gekko would clean out the other man's wallet, too.

#27     Feb 26, 2004
  8. BTW,

Has anyone noticed that Gekko himself has failed to post once in this thread?

Gekko - are you there? Or are you too busy preaching "fishtank theory" to the ignorant masses? :p

-[M]

#28     Feb 26, 2004
  9. I wouln't have to give a logical, meta-physical, spirtual, rational, or any other reason -- cause he'd be dead as Elvis the second I saw the food supply become dangerously depleted. Are you serious with this question?

And what exactly are you trying to prove here? That "morality" escapes the realms of logic?!? -- great bro thanks, but so does love, art, and quantumn physics too...

OH and let it be known that I am by no means trying to step in and help that moron GG...

#29     Feb 26, 2004
  10. What happened to this thread Aphie? What, you and your friend only want to play this game with mentally challenged people like GG? I'm down to play if you guys are still game. Let's talk "morality". Danny-boy and Virtuoso vs. Malestrom and Aphie :D You game?

#30     Mar 3, 2004