Geitner: Obama's Budget Is Unsustainable

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 16, 2012.

1. My party left Reagan a nearly balanced budget and less then a trillion dollar national debt

My party balanced the budget after Reagan and Bushs record deficits and tripling of the national debt

My partys current president has had a smaller deficit then Bush's last deficit of 1.4 trillion 2 out of his 3 years in office

#11     Feb 16, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

And NOW?

#12     Feb 16, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

The point is, there is no good reason to elect a republican.

#13     Feb 16, 2012
  4. Ya got that right. oth at least they ain't laughing at him. Oh well, the only reason Tim is talking like this is because he's a goner.

#14     Feb 16, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

THIS looks like a good reason to me.

Quote from pspr:
    At least the House tried to pass a balanced budget amendment.
    The Republican-controlled House of Representatives on Friday rejected a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution -- a setback to GOP leaders and conservative activists who claim the measure is necessary to end the federal government's spiraling deficit spending.
    A total of 261 members voted for the measure --- 23 votes shy of the two-thirds majority required for passage -- while 165 members opposed it.

Most Republicans supported the measure; most Democrats voted no.

The vote on the amendment was agreed to by both parties over the summer as part of the agreement raising Washington's debt ceiling. Democratic leaders, however, are vehemently opposed to the idea, arguing that it would force the government into an economically destructive cycle of massive spending cuts.

#15     Feb 16, 2012
  6. rew

rew

As I recall Democrats had control of congress for about half of that period of time. Our federal government acts with wild irresponsibility at all times. Republicans like to complain about deficits when a Democrat is President, Democrats like to complain about deficits when a Republican is President.

#16     Feb 16, 2012
  7. Thats incorrect.Republicans had The House 6 of Bush's 8 years .Bush Tax cuts,wars,medicare expansion,homeland security act which spawned massive government growth all passed during those 6 years.Republicans also had the Senate 5 out of 8 years of Bushs Presidency

A Republican Congress and White House equals a disaster for this country

#17     Feb 16, 2012
  8. Lower deficits then Bushs last 1.4 trillion dollar deficit 2 out of his 3 years in office

Current deficit 900 billion,500 billion less then Bush's last deficit of 1.4 trillion

#18     Feb 16, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

#19     Feb 16, 2012
  10. Republicans say they want to balance the budget when they know they cant do it and people like you fall for it every time luke

I don't look at what they say when they aren't in power,I look at what they did when they were in power.When Republicans had The House,The Senate and The White House they didn't pass a balanced budget amendment. When Republicans had The House,The Senate and The White House they started 2 unfunded wars,Bush's tax cuts and Bush's unfunded medicare expansion

#20     Feb 16, 2012