Geitner: Obama's Budget Is Unsustainable

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 16, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

How can you liberals here support Obama with these sort of admissions?

For the second year in row, Timothy Geithner admitted before the Senate Budget Committee that President Obama’s budget takes no action to meaningfully reform entitlement programs, putting us on an “unsustainable” fiscal course.

“Even if Congress were to enact this budget,” Geithner said, “we would still be left with–in the outer decades as millions of Americans retire–what are still unsustainable commitments in Medicare and Medicaid.

In fact, Geithner said the same thing about the president’s budget last year.

http://freebeacon.com/geithner-admits-obamas-budget-unsustainable/

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Apparently no one is listening.

3. How can republicans support the party that turned a balanced budget into a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit :confused:

4. pspr

pspr

They've put on the blinders and headed to the govenment feeding trough.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ever here the term "here and now"?

6. republicans are always for balanced budgets when a democrat is in the white house.When a republican is in the white house just take a look at Reagan's and the Bushs deficits

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh yeah, Clinton comes to mind.

In any case what's wrong with a balanced budget? I thought you liked bragging about the balanced budgets of the 90's.

8. I like balanced budgets,I would vote for the guy who would balanced the budget over Obama(Paul)

If Mitt was running on a balanced budget platform I would consider him,but mitt on running on a tax cut,increased defense spending and aggressive foreign policy platform and thats what got us into the mess we are in

9. Yannis

Yannis

Obama's Tax Plan

[​IMG]

:) :) :)

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Obviously your party does not.

#10     Feb 16, 2012