Geitner: Get Rid Of Debt Ceiling

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 17, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Wow. Let's not just go over the cliff but let's make it a bottomless pit to boot!

<object height="340" width="545" data="http://l3cdn.iqmediacorp.com.c.footprint.net/SWFs/iqmedia_player_resize_cdn_v1.1.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="HYETA" id="HUY"><param value="http://l3cdn.iqmediacorp.com.c.footprint.net/SWFs/iqmedia_player_resize_cdn_v1.1.swf" name="movie"><param value="true" name="allowfullscreen"><param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess"><param value="high" name="quality"><param value="transparent" name="wmode"><param value="embedId=0f017988-edff-479d-9b89-38ceff1fb2b7&amp;autoPlayback=TRUE" name="flashvars"></object>

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

We might as well eliminate the debt ceiling. A "ceiling" that keeps getting raised isn't really much of a ceiling now is it?

3. pspr

pspr

At least it reminds us that it is there and maybe someday some Congressmen will grow a pair and not vote to raise it.

4. Reagan set a horrible precedent raising it 18 times :(

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

A worthy dream my friend, but it's not going to happen. The career politicians infesting our various levels of government are concerned with but one goal. Reelection PERIOD. They buy votes with our tax dollars and sell influence in exchange for campaign donations. The welfare/Affirmative action/free loader/parasite class and their bleeding heart liberal cheerleaders now outnumber the responsible productive tax payers like us.

Unless there is a stream of state successions or we gather the critical mass necessary of armed revolutionaries prepared to die as our forefathers were.
    Neither of which seem to be on the horizon at this point.
    There's not much left to do but raid the liqueur cabinet sit back and watch the rats jump ship as the water line approaches.

6. Mercor

Mercor

I think is it Congress that raises the number

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I doubt it gets raised if the President doesn't want it raised.

The government isn't functioning. Congress doesn't even produce a budget. Politicians are too afraid to take on the entitlements programs. This country is on its way down the tubes. The debt ceiling is just something that can be pushed aside whenever the two sides can agree. There isn't anything in our system than can stop what is happening.

Yeah, Ricter will come around and say that everything is just fine. I notice that he's moved out of the country

8. What debt ceiling?

9. pspr

pspr

He's finding his little communism experiment more receptive in Canada. He should have tried one of the states in the north east.

I still think think there needs to be a debt ceiling. It isn't going to save us from the collapse but if some how we get out of this mess I want to at least know I won't wake up some morning to a $60 trillion national debt and find out Obama took the cash and absconded to Argentina with it. :D

10. I agree with lil timmy g and if democrats were smart they would not be calling for the elimination of the debt ceiling.

1) They are going to raise it anyway.
    2) Pretending there is a debt ceiling just gives them another bogus means to bash republicans.

I can hear Hitler to Paul von hindenburg: " “I've abandoned free choice to save the democratic system,”

#10     Nov 17, 2012