Geitner: Auditing the Fed is a “line that we don’t want to cross”

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by achilles28, Aug 26, 2009.

1. achilles wrote "Do not the People of the United States control its Charter via Congressional-proxy? "

No. And money controls Congress, not us.

#41     Aug 29, 2009
  2. Lethn

Lethn

Banks were originally created to look after peoples money and bank notes were originally used as receipts where the bank stated how much THEY owed YOU.

Do the damn research and have the sense to look at your notes carefully, the taxpayers have every right to know what is going on with their cash because the banks are using it unfairly to increase their own gains and they are also hurting it's real value. In short they are actually betraying the legal obligation they have to their customers which means they can ALL be held accountable.

The idea that you can print money out of thin air is a load of bollocks but that's what the federal reserve as well as other banks are doing, technically we had the right to arrest them decades ago for this and we still do now by their own laws too.

#42     Aug 29, 2009
  3. ammo

ammo

the fed is an independent agency hired by the us govt, much like an outside auditor for say Firestone. The fed is obligated to show Congress anything they ask for

#43     Aug 29, 2009
  4. Yet that's exactly what happens when someone buys a futures contract.

#44     Aug 29, 2009
  5. Lethn wrote "The idea that you can print money out of thin air is a load of bollocks but that's what the federal reserve as well as other banks are doing, technically we had the right to arrest them decades ago for this and we still do now by their own laws too."

Just try getting a USAttny and a DOJ official to do it.

#45     Aug 29, 2009
  6. Its called legalized counterfeiting....we would go to jail for stimulating the economy with counterfeit money!

#46     Aug 29, 2009
  7. dtan1e

dtan1e

i rem myself making a similar statement when i haven't a clue wtf is going on over some decades ago, when i was a fresh grad and somebody asked me so hows the market today, that's the difference between experience and someone green

#47     Aug 29, 2009
  8. Sodajerk

Sodajerk

Absolutely. The entity, in this case We the People though our hired fiduciaries in Congress, that issues a charter has the power to revoke it also.

Right.

#48     Aug 29, 2009
  9. Dont ask questions you dont want to know the answers to.

Okay as per the rest of the video:

1) goldman sachs- what a joke-Id like to say some things about that

2) his taxes- even a bigger joke...he shouldnt be managing our treasury

3) paying down the deficit---taxes through the roof is what keeps ringing in my ear.

#49     Aug 29, 2009
  10. I'd like to think Geithner's balls aren't so big that his definition of "we" doesn't include me.

#50     Aug 29, 2009